IGNORED

Whats a 3.36 R180 worth so i dont get scammed?

DjHoon90

Since a lot of people replace it with either an r-200 or lower geared r-180, they should be giving them away. If I were to go back to the 3.36 r-180, I wouldn't pay over $50 and that for me is a little high. That is still high for a more desirable 3.9 or 4.11 r-180.

Edited by Darrel

Realistic you will be paying $100-$300 for a diff in good shape and you still have to change out some seals. Be sure to research your gear ratio - just when you think you want a 3:36 you find out a 3:54 has better get up and go..........do your homework. It also depends on what transmission you are running - a 4 speed with a 3:54 is a great combo / a 5 speed with a 3.9 or a 4:11 is not bad either.

• 2 months later...

Not an R200? I would wonder if an R180 would stand up to Chump Car abuse, especially with a 350.

By the way, we met at The Mitty.

Edit - You might be able to get one from Eddie Radatz. I'll bet he has some laying around.

Hey Steve.. Hey I would LOVE an R200 3.36.. Good luck finding one.. Yes Eddie and John BOTH have R180 3.36's But... Im not paying $300+ for one.. Remember its Chump..

The guy above crushed a bunch.. as far as power.. I have pushed 300+ through R160's in 510.. and I have an R180 3.54 in a 1977 280Z with 250hp.. No issues.. It all depends on how you drive them..

Rod