IGNORED

original blue engine paint colorcode?

bartsscooterservice

Bart, If you find a local supplier that can fill spray packs. PM me. To mix one can would cost a lot. Maybe we can bulk buy and get a discount?

Im in the same boat as you. All that shipping and taxes its getting ridiculous. At this rate ill spend €5000 on restoring and €10,000 on shipping and taxes.

Chas

Bart, If you find a local supplier that can fill spray packs. PM me. To mix one can would cost a lot. Maybe we can bulk buy and get a discount?

Im in the same boat as you. All that shipping and taxes its getting ridiculous. At this rate ill spend €5000 on restoring and €10,000 on shipping and taxes.

Chas

If you have a piece that contains the original color let me know, I will take it to the paint shop to examine the color. We can bulk, but I only need 2 cans or so..

Bart

Do you guys ever use the SEARCH function? We've discussed all this many times before. The original colour had its roots in the Austin-Nissan tie up of the 1950s.

The colour is still listed on the 'British Standard' database as B.S. 18C39, with HMG ( Her Majesty's Government ) Glidden number GL31557, and Glidden number name 'Dolphin Blue'.

I think a Netherlands-based paint supplier should be able to cross-reference those codes.

Do you guys ever use the SEARCH function? We've discussed all this many times before. The original colour had its roots in the Austin-Nissan tie up of the 1950s.

The colour is still listed on the 'British Standard' database as B.S. 18C39, with HMG ( Her Majesty's Government ) Glidden number GL31557, and Glidden number name 'Dolphin Blue'.

I think a Netherlands-based paint supplier should be able to cross-reference those codes.

So I need to give them BS18C39, correct?

Search Colour - 18 C 39

• 1 month later...
Do you guys ever use the SEARCH function? We've discussed all this many times before.

The original colour had its roots in the Austin-Nissan tie up of the 1950s.

Worst way to start a reply! I use the search first all the time and RARELY get the answer I seek. Today I searched Engine Color, Block Paint and Engine Paint and I got this thread - and a few others. At least after you "made your point" you - ironically - gave us the information we needed. Thanks.

But if you're not doing a concours restoration, Dupli-Color's GM Engine Blue is very close.....

post-18557-14150823734836_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Worst way to start a reply!

Not at all. I think it was perfectly valid. It's something we have discussed many times in the past. You managed to find this thread a couple of months after the last reply, didn't you?

At least after you "made your point" you - ironically - gave us the information we needed. Thanks.

Nothing 'ironic' about it at all. If I have the answer I'll usually give it. Stop complaining.

Dupli-Color's GM Engine Blue is very close....

Spraying a Nissan engine block in a GM colour might be ironic, though...

Well I took the code HS30-H gave me to various paints shops, but strangly they couldn't convert the paint code.

I don't know why not. My local automotive paint supplier can cross-match across BS, Glidden and RAL ( the European Standard ) paint codes, as well as custom mix and match to sample.