My Z Won't Rev - Page 3 - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

My Z Won't Rev

Featured Replies

Just for giggles, post another that lets us see the distributor and spark plug wires.

  • Author
Just for giggles, post another that lets us see the distributor and spark plug wires.

Be glad to. In this picture I'm holding the number 1 plug wire. Going counterclockwise the order on my distributor is 1 5 3 6 2 4. The spark plugs are still out as I was checking them earlier tonight. but the number 6 plug wire goes towards the cylinder that is closest to the firewall. Correct?

post-28653-1415082266963_thumb.jpg

edit: forgot to add the picture haha

Edited by NCdatsunZ

Number one is the front plug. Number six is the back plug.

  • Author
Number one is the front plug. Number six is the back plug.

Yes this is how I had them connected before I took the spark plugs out.

  • Author

Another shot in the dark. I'm using ATF in the carburetors. I checked to make sure the amounts of ATF in the bells was correct, and they were. Would using ATF rather than 20wt oil cause this problem? Just another shot in the dark.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

I think I need to break out the multimeter and check the battery while the car is running. Also the alternator. I think I know somebody with a uni-syn tool that I could borrow as well. Tomorrow I will post the results of those tests.

Any chance you could post video/audio of the car running?

I don't see a hose on your PCV-is that the way you are running it?

  • Author
Any chance you could post video/audio of the car running?

Possibly. I'll see if I can upload one later today.

I don't see a hose on your PCV-is that the way you are running it?

Yes, is that bad?

OMG yes-can you say VACUUM LEAK

I think an LOL is all I need to say to the above... :P MadKaw, I tend to disagree with the fact that a disconnected PCV will cause a vacuum leak. Can you provide substantial and well reviewed literature showing that can in fact occur? Your statement just seems a little premature. :P

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.