IGNORED

My Datsun 240Z

As for the vibration, take a look at how many wheel weights are on your wheels. If there appears to be an excessive amount of weight required to balance a wheel/tire, you might have problem with a tire being a bit out of balance. If the wheel is out of balance a bit and the tire is out a bit and the heavy spots line up, it's noticeable.

I had this problem with a Michelin tire on an Audi -- they broke down the tire, rotated it 180 degrees on the wheel, reseated the tire, and rebalanced. Took fewer weights and the vibration was gone.

As for the vibration, take a look at how many wheel weights are on your wheels. If there appears to be an excessive amount of weight required to balance a wheel/tire, you might have problem with a tire being a bit out of balance. If the wheel is out of balance a bit and the tire is out a bit and the heavy spots line up, it's noticeable.

I had this problem with a Michelin tire on an Audi -- they broke down the tire, rotated it 180 degrees on the wheel, reseated the tire, and rebalanced. Took fewer weights and the vibration was gone.

The vibration is 95% gone now. I also did what you say, it helped, but most seemed vibration from the front suspesion/steering rack etc, worn out parts, which I replaced. I think when a better diff is placed, it's all gone.

• 2 weeks later...

@ filletsunruly: thanks man :)

A few more things I needed arrived.

Datsun 240z Heater Hoses & Firewall Grommets - NOS

Datsun 240z,260z,280z,280zx Engine Oil Filter - NOS ( short version )

Datsun 240z,260z 3 - Way Water Pipe / Connector - NOS

Datsun 240z Lower Radiator Hose - NOS

Datsun 240z Air Fliter 1970- 6/72 - NOS

Datsun 240z Braided Pcv Hose 1/71- 6/72 - NOS

Datsun 240z,260z,280z,280zx Accelerator Pedal Pad - NOS

Datsun 240z,260z,280z,280zx Radiator Drain Tap - NOS

Datsun 240z,260z,280z Foot Rest Pad NOS

2u6l089.jpg

And 2 second hand interior strut caps. I cleaned them and gave it some black paint, semi gloss.

in9u9t.jpg

Edited by bartsscooterservice

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks. Yeah I believe that's what the original information says also.

Took the 240Z out for a drive partly in Germany again today. The weather was not so good. But it was a nice cruise again :)

There's a few things on my mind, firstly the whining of the differential. My patience is running dry waiting for the diff from the US. If it will not show up in Januari I will be bringing away my current differential for a rebuild.

Secondly I'd really like the have a 5 speed for both overdrive/lesser fuel consumption and more speed on highway, since I feel the engine has power enough on the light car. But I don't like to modd it with later era parts...

• 3 weeks later...
Flashplayer:cry: Me and my iPad. Ill have a look later on the pc.

Goodluck with your diff. I understand your situation and frustration. Been through it with a inlet manifold from the US. Been waiting 14 months. I gave up waiting and found another one. The first one nether came.

Chas

Good news... seems the diff finally arrived...

I'm going to pick it up next saturday, let's wait and see :)