IGNORED

240z Inspection Light Source?

ksbeta

Chas, I am very much interested in your inspection light lenses. - As an engineer, I appreciate very much your story of how you procured the equipment an the developed the process. - As a person in need, I was happy to come across your posting. I recently crumbled the original lens on a friend's '81 ZX. Needless to say, I feel really really bad about it & want to fix the light. Do you have any on hand that can be purchased? If not, would you be willing run another batch? The pricing that you discussed in your original posts are very attractive, but I can understand if the pricing needs to change. With best regard ... and with fingers crossed for luck,TAMU_PackratEagle Lake, Texas. USA

I have a few new lenses with tiny blemish that I can sell cheap or I have new lenses.

Steve

Edited by nix240z

When you (EuroDat) shipped my rubber brake line bushings, I wondered where the inspection light cover came from! Now I know, it was another great piece of artwork from you Chas! Thanks for the lens cover bonus! Now I have to look up your taillight project....

Somewhat related-----

This topic stirred me into cleaning an old original inspection light I have.

In the process I noticed this glyph on one of the mounting tabs.

It has the text "NILES" on a banner on a globe held by a crab!  :wacko:

Does anyone know if this crab is culturally symbolic???   :huh:

post-7354-0-48374500-1448922732_thumb.jp

Niles Co.  -  still in business...

Niles Co., Ltd. - Profile

Niles has been developing and manufacturing switches and other electronic components for automotive use ever since its establishment in 1954. Born just over a half-century ago in Tokyo’s Ota Ward, Niles has developed into one of the leading automotive electronics component suppliers in the world, with sales, engineering and manufacturing bases in Japan, the US, Europe and Asia.
We at Niles are truly grateful for the support and patronage from all of our business partners over the years.
Our outstanding reputation for quality and technology have been embraced by auto manufacturers and automotive systems suppliers around the world. We at Niles understand that our customers expect only the best from Niles, and we are poised to meet the challenge.

N.I.L.E.S. =  Nippon Instrument Light & Electric S___ ?   (just a guess)

Maybe somewhere at the back of their warehouse, there's an unopened carton of brand-new Z inspection lights!

Edited by Namerow