IGNORED

Homeboyx's 280z Thread

Homeboyx

after quick research, I don't need balance in order to mount airdam.

Is a front valance required for an aftermarket air dam? (78 280z) - Miscellaneous Tech - HybridZ

What Phantom says is possible, but it makes the front very flexible. the airdam has to hold it all together and its not designed with that in mind. I have heard that they can start vibrating at high speed.

My 280Z has 240Z bumpers and I am planning to go to the 240/260Z valances, but then I need to fabricate a bracket across the front under the radiator section to keep all the panels in the right place. The 240/260Z front section will not fit because the front cross member (in front of the radiator) is lower on the 280Z. It dips down about 10cm. The airdam will cover the contrction so its not visable.

Chas

Edited by EuroDat

I took some photos this morning.

What I want to do is replace the 280Z valences with the 240Z with lenses.

Make a support between to to valences, because the centre section will not fit the 280Z. The crossmember is too low.

Fit the 260Z airdam.

Make a new grill, without the 280Z lenses.

My only concern is how low is the 260Z airdam. Will it be low enough to cover the lower section of the crossmember frame?

Does anyone how the measurements. Bumper to lower edge of airdam?

Chas

post-26512-14150822826407_thumb.jpg

post-26512-14150822826695_thumb.jpg

post-26512-14150822826958_thumb.jpg

post-26512-14150822827213_thumb.jpg

post-26512-14150822827461_thumb.jpg

Edited by EuroDat

Looks like it'll be easier to make the 240 turn signals fit the 280 valances.. or is one curvier(for lack of better word) than the other?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally an update!

Finally got the old bushing pressed out and the camber adjuster set in. :D

SAM_0411_zpsa8a369d3.jpg

And then this happened..

SAM_0412_zps6e2a4d03.jpg

SAM_0413_zps7c749157.jpg

Let's see the before and after for a full effect shall we? :)

Before..

SAM_0404_zps41efca29.jpg

After..

SAM_0412_zps6e2a4d03.jpg

Seems much better imo, although it may need some fine tuning from a align shop.

Next up is getting a fender... since someone hasn't gotten back to me on that.

Looks like it'll be easier to make the 240 turn signals fit the 280 valances.. or is one curvier(for lack of better word) than the other?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally an update!

Finally got the old bushing pressed out and the camber adjuster set in. :D

Seems much better imo, although it may need some fine tuning from a align shop.

Next up is getting a fender... since someone hasn't gotten back to me on that.

That looks a lot better. The LCA chamber bushes really do the trick. Your repairs are coming along nicely. I beleive you can use any model front fender 240 - 280Z.

Your idea about grafting the 240Z turn signals into the was one of my ideas, but the 280Z valences are too curvy. They have a big round bulge and there are other concerns. Ill start a new thread on that subject. Im hi-jacking your thread here.

Edited by EuroDat