IGNORED

Using Chevette Springs to Re-gain Original Ride Height

Hardway

I took a new shot from the passenger side this weekend. I did not get around to working on the suspension but from this angle and compared to the pictures above it looks like it is sitting close to stock height. I think my short wall tires are making it look higher than it really is. It is odd, when it was parked in the drive way the positive camber looked like it was gone and even had a little negative camber. I am going to try and correct the toe on it using the string method and get my steering wheel centered. I think if I can get this correct and drive it more, the springs will settle a bit more and everything may correct itself. I don't think I will be able to dive in to springs anymore until it cools off in the fall.

Sideshot.jpg

Edited by Hardway

Ride harshness has more to do with shock compression damping, tire sidewall height and air pressure (remember, a tire is a spring with a rate around 1,000 lb. in), and bushing compliance (especially the longitudinal compliance of the TC rod bushings). My racing 240Z with 375 to 400+ lb. in. springs and Penske triple shocks was described as "cat like" in how it rode and felt.