IGNORED

Birmingham, AL

dkauper

Hey tdcrenshaw! Sure, we'll have to meet up!

Is your Z up and running? Mine's daytime only until I get the headlight situation sorted out, but I've been wearing it out around town this weekend. There'll be plenty of time to work on it after these glorious fall afternoons have turned into Alabama winter rain.

How long have you had your '77? It looks a lot like one my friend Janie Plaxco owned and was trying to sell recently.

• Like 1

I've had it for about 2 weeks now and while it's not running now, I'm taking the afternoon off tomorrow to try to get it up to speed. I bought it from a UA student off craigslist so I don't think it was your friend Janie's car.

Any idea if the junkyards around here have any Z cars laying around? There are a few random interior pieces I need that I don't feel like shelling out the cash to buy new.

I haven't been in a junkyard in a few years! But I keep my eyes open. There aren't too many good ones left around town. If you find something you need in a pull-a-part place and need a hand getting it removed, send me a message and I'll be glad to lend two hands.

• 2 weeks later...

I am pretty sure that article was written when Mr Gibbs son Kevin reopened the place.  Now most of the cars are on their side with the catalytic converters cut out.  He's crushing them pretty fast, clearing out everything to sale the land.  I think it's 70 acres of oil and antifreeze soaked soil.  He can't afford to clean it up so the rumor is he's talking with the county about buying it to make a transfer station for garbage, like a "dump".  

When I went a few years ago to look for Zs I was hiking around and out of nowhere there's this 280 sitting on top of an old 70's hippie van.  I took some pics with my phone but before I could transfer them the phone fell out of my shorts pocket while mowing.  You can guess what happened next, LG mulch.