IGNORED

Birmingham, AL

dkauper

Hey buddy! I live in Gadsden, about an hour north up I-59. I've read some post from Mobile and some guy with a sweet 240 lives in Glencoe which is real close to me. There's a couple of guys from Birmingham too. They'll pop up sooner or later. There's a lot of ZX's on zcar.com but tread lightly, they can be ****s. Whoa, I got censored!

Edited by siteunseen

Hello, I live between Gadsden and Anniston. I'm about 60% complete on restoration on VIN 3435 which is white with blue interior. There is an orange 240Z on 431 across from the flea markets and a yellow 240Z in Gadsden.

Dkauper there's a group of guys from Georgia that met up in Carollton this past October, I think, then drove over to Leeds and had Barbers rented just for their Z club. I wanted to go but mine wasn't quite ready so I missed out on that. I guess it's Atlanta Z club or Georgia Z's, SteveJ from post #2 is a member. I'll be ready next time, I'm wanting to get on that track. Does yours have the talking lady? Digital dash? I had a '82 many years ago, great cars.

Dkauper there's a group of guys from Georgia that met up in Carollton this past October, I think, then drove over to Leeds and had Barbers rented just for their Z club. I wanted to go but mine wasn't quite ready so I missed out on that. I guess it's Atlanta Z club or Georgia Z's, SteveJ from post #2 is a member. I'll be ready next time, I'm wanting to get on that track. Does yours have the talking lady? Digital dash? I had a '82 many years ago, great cars.

I think you're referring to Z Nationals, sponsored by Z1 Motorsports.

• 1 year later...

Hey buddy, welcome to the club. You won't find more helpful information and people than here. They've been nothing but nice to my goofy self, we've had some good laughs too. If you need anything let us know, it's already been done and pictures taken for future users. Just when I get stumped and am ready to call it a day I can get on here and find the exact issue from 10 years ago.

I like the color with the steel wheels and hubcaps you have, post some pictures for us car pervs to look at.

Cliff from Gadsden, where four 240Z owners reside.

I can't stand it! Here's mine.

post-24724-14150830622868_thumb.jpg

post-24724-14150830623509_thumb.jpg

That's a beautiful car!

My orange one was built in February of '72, VIN starts with 69 thousand. It came from Peek Oldsmobile in Huntsville.

How did you find such a nice one? It looks brand new.

Oh yeah, forgot to tell you the biggest Z car show will be in Memphis next year. Z Car Convention, ZCON 2015 | Hosted by the Delta Z Club. Maybe we could meet up along the way.

Edited by siteunseen

Birmingham Broker found it for me. I've been looking for a long time for one just like this. It spent its first 40 years or so in Arizona, so very little/manageable rust. It's essentially stock except for a Pioneer stereo (but the I have the original radio) and Weber carbs in place of the SU's. 84k miles when I drove it home. I have to upgrade the headlight harness and (maybe) replace the combo switch, but other than that its been a dream. Edited by dtshaw66