Dome LED Light - Page 2 - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Dome LED Light

Featured Replies

My plan is to intall the ZX map light where the 240Z dome light goes. I always liked the swivel aspect.

  • Author

Yes the stock dome light work before I put the LED.

If you can insert the old bulb and it still works, you are making poor contact with the LED. I am assuming you bought one tha mimics the terminals of old bulb.

Mine is a tube with terminal caps with points on each end. Scratch the contacts with a fine sandpaper or steelwool.

Go get another bulb, I had the LED in my '78 and it was dim as well - I went back to the OEM style.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I had no problem with the LED bulb I got from Superbrightleds once I turned the bulb around for proper polarity. Of course, I installed new door switches at the same time and cleaned the contact area for the switches to ensure good contact with the body.

  • Author

Found the problem, had a bad connector on the power line. Thank all for your input.

Great! btw I looked at the new LED dome lights when doing a resto but wanted to see if others had luck. What do you think? Is the cabin brighter with the LED vs incandescent dome light?

  • Author

Yes and I ran wires down the foot wells a now light in the foot wells.

Phil, I'm very pleased with the LED bulb I installed in the dome light.

Of course, Phil. I put one into the 260Z. I think I needed to use a more powerful LED than I put in, though.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.