IGNORED

My two swiss S30Z Fairlady Restoration build thread

JDMjunkies.ch

A while ago, the famous JDM legends shop had a contest on their facebook page and, well, i won it :)

Today a package from USA arrived with a nice JDMlegends Tee and a few stickers, which i will proudly put on my car once it's done. Great! And big thanks to Eric and Ryan over at JDMlegends!

P1080507-Kopie.jpg

NEWS :)

He quoted me 15 grand for a completely restored base shell including the bolt-on panels. but also explained it could easily be more work discovered at work. im ok with that.

:)

Wow 15,000. Wouldn't it be less expensive just importing a nice rust free one from Los angeles?

Hehe, no - definitly no :) import costs at least 2 grand plus taxes and stuff and i think prices uf rust-free shells in USA are rising. Also most of the US-shells aren't really rust free compared to what mine will be when it's done. we're talking about a complete rebuild with a lot of custom made panels and a car which is better than a new Z was back in 1972. Importing a car and getting it to the same quality level will cost about the same at the end and i like the fact that i save an old shell that most of t he people would have thrown away ;)

First the bad news: I've planned to get a lot of work done this week due to swiss labour day and so on, but of course i had to get a damn cold exactly during this time so i'm currently lying in my bed with fever and other uncool stuff...

Now to the good news: I made a few phone calls around the country to different registration stations and Authorities and this led me back to the original car's documents which i - 50 bucks later - got an original copy from now. This will alow me to get the car registered when it's done. great - my car has documents :D

Ausweis_duplikat_Scan-001-Kopie.jpg

• Like 1

I still have a damn flu, but somehow it got so boring laying around in front of the tv - i just had to get something done. so i went to the garage and started with no special goal in my mind. Seems like sometimes it's the best to work without pressure :)

1) Got the clutch slave cylinder out after i had it soaked in WD40 for a few days:

P1080508-Kopie.jpg

2) Next was the Fuel pump to be removed:

P1080510-Kopie.jpg

3) jacked up the front end and put it on jackstands and prepared the engine hoist / Lifter:

P1080513-Kopie.jpg

4) removed the engine mount-bolts and lifter the L24 out with no problems :)

P1080514-Kopie.jpg

Big hole here :D

P1080518-Kopie.jpg

5) put the engine on an old tire because it's a great way to store engines :D

P1080523-Kopie.jpg

next step will be the dashboard i think. it's coming along again :)

We have a day off here in switzerland so i spent an hour at the garage and removed the transmission:

1) Jacked up the rear end and put it on jackstands so i was able to unbolt the driveshaft:

P1080526-Kopie.jpg

2) Unbolted the driveshaft from the transmission and unbolted the transmission mount. and out it came:

P1080530-Kopie.jpg

and out of the car it is :)

P1080531-Kopie.jpg

also started to uninstall the fuel tank but have to drain it first :D

• 4 weeks later...

Finally winter is gone (well yeah, in June!!) and summer arrived so motivation and weather is back to get some stuff done.

Worked with the fuel tank today:

Removed the Fuel lock thingy:

P1080585-Kopie.jpg

And all the hoses and stuff connected to the tank:

P1080587-Kopie.jpg

and after an hour of work i finally got it out:

P1080589-Kopie.jpg

also started at some other areas but need to soak a few bits in WD40 before i'm able to remove them completely, see next update :D

And yeah, had birthday last week and my good friend danny amazingly bought me this Nürburgring gift box which includes a Caterham drift training workshop at the Nürburgring as a gift. Damn - this will be fun :)

P1080583-Kopie.jpg

Spent two hours at the garage today and got a lot of stuff done:

1) finally got the stuck scews at the trunk lid out:

P1080597-Kopie.jpg

2) Then started to prepare for the dashboard removal, so started with the glove box first.

On the glove box liner there are three japanese katakana characters (ス イ ス) which means Su-I-Su and stands for Suisse. So this is the proof it's a swiss market car and not an import vehicle:

P1080598-Kopie.jpg

and out the glove box lid is:

P1080599-Kopie.jpg

3) then removed the steering rack coupler:

P1080604-Kopie.jpg

which finally allowed me to remove the complete steering column :-)

P1080605-Kopie.jpg