IGNORED

My two swiss S30Z Fairlady Restoration build thread

JDMjunkies.ch

Spent some time in the garage today and had some nice progress:

1) Removed the wiper motor and windshield squirter stuff:

P1080608-Kopie.jpg

P1080609-Kopie.jpg

2) next adress was starting preparation of the dashboard removal, so started with the wiring stuff, and screws, dashboard is loose now but still need to disconnect a few wires and the speedometer-cable, etc..

P1080613-Kopie.jpg

Oh and also removed the shifter boot *LOL*:

P1080607-Kopie.jpg

this is how i ended up today:

P1080614-Kopie.jpg

Hi Niels, Nice to be making progress again. Can't see it in the photos, but I trust you are bagging all the small parts for later.

It all looks logical now, but six to twelve months down the track you'll be scratching your head wonder which bolts,screws do I use the fit that???

Chas

Well yeah i put stuff like screws into small plasticbags and tie them to the holes they belong to. I plan to replace most of them anyway but this way i know which screw belongs where. i also have a box with screws where i document where they belong.. should make it a lot easier later. tho i still think i will need to do a lot labour when assembling stuff again :P

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Niels, Your photos are not bad at all. Its an excellent thread to follow because of the photos:cool:

I was comparing your slave cylinder in post #101 and the heavy surface rust on the rear suspension in post #102. They are all signs that the car has been standing for a long time and probably out in the sun and that can be hard on dashes.

My dash has some serious cracks in it (under a dash cap) and its spent the last 20years in the back of a garage.

Looking at that suspension made me think of something else: spindle pins. Yours might be a real PITA to get out. Have you started spraying the spindle pin with WD40? A mix of acetone and auto tranny fluid is highly recommended by other members and I agree:bulb: You could brush that in them before trying to get them out.

Cheers Chas

aaah, now i understand :D

well the good thing is i have allready a completely powdercoated suspension setup with ne tokico shocks, and stuff laying around from the first shell which i've prepared already, so no need to restore or take apart the rusty stuff from car number two :)

P1050751-Kopie.jpg

I also got new spindle pins, bearings and a lot more (had to destroy the spindle pins on removal at car nr. one, check my blog at JDMjunkies.ch | JDM streetlife Switzerland for all the pain of spindle-pin removal :D):

P1050611-Kopie.jpg

and of course i got the energy bushings master bushing kit (plus a few extra bushings):

P1050680.jpg

and then a set of rocky auto doglegs:

P1050810-Kopie.jpg

and Nagisa Auto / NAMS tierod endlinks (all adjustable):

P1050594-Kopie.jpg

as well as a lot more parts. only parts missing "below the chassis" are new engine-, transmission- and differential-mounts, springs and the brake-parts.

Everything else i already have refurbished or restored from chassis nr.1 and ready for beeing isntalled :)

At this point i have to thank my big friends Manuel and Stefan for the non-stop support of my project! Big thanks, guys!

They lately went to Japan and visited some shops (Kakimoto, Rubber-soul, Rocky Auto, NISMO,..) and thought they'd bring something for me. So at one point i got a message they bought some cool stuff for me. and finally today a package showed up in my mailbox and i can't be happier:

1) a geniuine G-Works Magazine (S30Z Fairlady special Nr.2 (I already Own Nr1 :D)):

P1090427-Kopie.jpg

It's like the HyperRev magazine for classics. Lot of parts information, Links,...

P1090428-Kopie.jpg

Detailed description of mechanics and stuff... Kind of the Holy bible for tuners and fans :)

P1090429-Kopie.jpg

And then they also bought me this pretty heavy Metal Fairlady Z Emblem, brand new and pure bling. Absolutely love it! Thanks again guys, can't thank you enough :)

P1090430-Kopie.jpg