Stainless steel rain gutter trim - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Stainless steel rain gutter trim

Featured Replies

Based on my recent experience, the trim installs from front to back and rolls on to the body from top to bottom. Removal is the reverse - start at the back and work it loose with a gentle roll/twist upwards and out a bit as you move forward. Patience is a virtue!!! A small piece of wood like a 1/4" dowel can be slid or gently tapped along under the trim to help lift it. Did I say patience is a virtue?

Yep, I second the roll upwards technique, using fingures. Worked for me,

  • 1 month later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

I hate it when the OP doesn't finish a thread when I'm going through the archives, so...the upward turn works! There was 7 layers of paint holding the the drip rail on so I ended up using one of those paint can openers that has a thin pulling lip at the end as a grabber tool to pull the bottom of the rain gutter trim out.

Excellent! 7 layers of paint probably deserved the use of a paint can opener. Presumably you did not "bend the hell out of them".

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.