IGNORED

I spy a z!

madkaw

I saw a 1972 240z yesterday in National City/San Diego at an In-N-Out. I was checking it out and luckily I was wearing my Z shirt, so when the owner came up to me it wasn't as awkward. I spoke to her and her friend for 10-15 minutes, but unfortunately I forgot to take a picture!

I've spied two other Z's on the road in my area, not counting the several Z's parked in front of the local Z specialty shop. Both looked very nice. One was a red convertible (!!) with essentially no top -- a fair weather car. We crossed paths on the residential street where our accountant has his home office, and we had a long'ish chat about our cars until it became apparent we were blocking traffic.

The second was a pristine copper '78 with a "for sale" sign on it -- nice price, too -- $4500. I seriously thought about buying it, but I'm not into brown and butterscotch. I saw the seller driving the car around town about a week later, and then he ended up selling it to a dealership.

My own Z is about the only one in regular service as a daily driver in my general area. Perhaps it's not as visible as many DD's, because I don't rack up that many miles per year. However, other Z lovers (mostly people who parted with their beloved Z's many years ago) do seem to recognize and remember me.

I was in Lompoc, CA today and the first Datsun I saw was a silver 510 with Panasports making a right turn.

On the way back, there was this house I had driven by before and I thought I saw 3 or 4 Z's parked... today there were only 2:

zedslompoc.jpg

Lastly the 210 Freeway was getting backing up on the way home, so I got off. A few blocks down, there an all flat black 240z with louvers, a BRE spoiler, a vented hood, black wheels, black bumpers... LOL My Co-Pilot wasn't quick enough with the camera on this one.

4 Datsuns in 1 day is pretty awesome to see :cool:

Edited by Decoy12

I've spied two other Z's on the road in my area, not counting the several Z's parked in front of the local Z specialty shop. Both looked very nice. One was a red convertible (!!) with essentially no top -- a fair weather car. We crossed paths on the residential street where our accountant has his home office, and we had a long'ish chat about our cars until it became apparent we were blocking traffic.

The second was a pristine copper '78 with a "for sale" sign on it -- nice price, too -- $4500. I seriously thought about buying it, but I'm not into brown and butterscotch. I saw the seller driving the car around town about a week later, and then he ended up selling it to a dealership.

My own Z is about the only one in regular service as a daily driver in my general area. Perhaps it's not as visible as many DD's, because I don't rack up that many miles per year. However, other Z lovers (mostly people who parted with their beloved Z's many years ago) do seem to recognize and remember me.

brown and butterscotch,, possibly my all time favorite. call me odd i guess.

Just seems disappointing to see any z sitting at, or going to, a dealership. that's one Z-spotting i care not to see.

• 2 weeks later...

Huntsville Alabama, behind Taziki's Greek restaurant / Publix Grocery, Carl T. Jones and Whitesburg.

Silver / Gun metal 240Z, metal flake paint, custom wheels, minor nick on front nose surface rusted. Overall a very good candidate for restoration, interior rough, door handle sitting in ashtray. Appears to be dd.

"My own Z is about the only one in regular service as a daily driver in my general area."

Not so, m'lady! WILBY Z is driven every day! i guess the south side isn't your general area...

"brown and butterscotch,, possibly my all time favorite. call me odd i guess.

Mine too, same as my first '77. Sigh...