IGNORED

Fuel bowl level and bending tab not working

240260280z

Thanks guys.

With the stock needles (unknown number) for the carbs and 17degree advance at idle (no vac advance). I get AF~ 16-17 at idle and ~ 13.5 around 3500.

It revs nice but I am thinking I should be more ~14.7 at idle. I may have to modify the needles slightly.

The engine is 2.4litre over-bored 0.75mm with Maxima N47 head and mild Delta re-ground cam ~270degrees and 0.46" lift.

Any suggestions?

I may try raising needles in dome and compare to dropping jet nozzles for fun. In theory it should have the same effect but who knows? I have LM-1 so I can gather empirical data whooo hoooo.

You might go a little richer at 3500 if that is a WOT reading.

If you can get down to the low 13's , that would be best. My n27 needles seem to work well with my engine an ou engines are similar .

Your no going to hurt anything with the AFR's you have now at idle. As long as the engine feels torquey and you don't stay in those AFR's.

You might try running the needles flush with the channel on the bottom of the pistons , that's th way I ran mine with the shoulder of the needle NOT visible

That's why the SM needles are too rich for most stock motors. They are quite a bit shorter and richer at the top end.

Not sure if I was clear with my post above about the N54's I measured... I'm not talking "runs rich for a stock motor". I'm talking "Billowing black clouds of smoke and probably completely undrivable in any condition." The measurements I got from my pair of NOS aftermarket N54 needles are richer than the SM's.

That's why I'm thinking that there's some kind of mistake being made here. I don't know if the N54's I have are made incorrectly, I'm measuring incorrectly, or if there's some other detail that I'm missing. But there's a problem somewhere. I'll double check my numbers as soon as I get a chance, but I'm thinking there's more than that going on.

As for the the length being shorter... If that part of the needle is never pulled to the top of the nozzle, then why do you think it would cause a problem?