IGNORED

Days and Days of searching, I need help please?!

RyuZ32

Can you manually turn the motor when the transmission is in neutral? Can the car be pushed (like to be push started) when it is in neutral? From reading it looks like you have the started issue licked. Now it is time to start looking at the more serious issue of why the motor will not turn freely...

I'll try rocking it on Wednesday before I pull the transmission. It is an automatic. My anniversary is on Tuesday and I'm taking my wifey out so spending today & tomm getting it all ready. On Wednesday I'm taking some guys over to the garage, gonna get the trans out, and check it. What does rocking the car determine btw?

If you had a manual and the car was in gear, the turning wheels would turn the engine. But you have an automatic so that won't work.

Are you pulling the transmission because the starter won't turn the engine? It would be easier to pull the radiator so that you can get a socket on the crank pulley.

Hey Zed I put the socket on the front of the motor and couldn't turn it. All I did was shift the engine a tad. I doubt the motor cant move because it spun freely just like it was supposed to before it was in the car. I think it's something to do with the transmission.

I see. I just re-read your first post. You've had the motor and transmission out before.

Did you try turning it with the starter out? Maybe you got the wrong starter, the manual and automatics use two different models. Not sure what the difference is or if it would bind but who knows.

Good luck with it.

Well the thing is I left the trans in when I pulled the engine. I think it may have gotten messed up either when the car got knocked off of jack stands during a horrible storm, or when te engine went in, the guys had to walk it together with bolts so I'm assuming there lies my issue. Hopefully.. I want my baby to run. My old lady is letting me keep her (was gonna sell to welcome our son into the world but she won't let me get rid of it)

post-27190-14150818896339_thumb.jpg

The engine can never be "walked" to the trans with the bolts. Applying torque to the bolts removes any "feeling" during the mating process. The two must be fully mated first.

Congratulations on your new son; not many experiences are better.

Mike