IGNORED

Days and Days of searching, I need help please?!

RyuZ32

Rcb280z correct. I keep going over it and over it. The black and green wire goes into a wrapped harness, there is no plug. I rebuilt the motor now it doesn't start,(it turns over and that was more than two problems that were just overlooked) however no matter how many times I go over it I'm still getting nothing. I don't notice any variables just more stuff I gotta put back together once I figure it out. (carpet, seats and such)

I have not done the upgrade because they work. At the moment I'm tryin to see my engine at least run before I go upgrading and putting new stuff on. My son is about to be born (any day this month) and I would like to have my car done before he gets here since time with it will be limited after that

I had to have my 77 towed home once because while I was driving it one day it died just out of the blue...died, dead, no go! The tow truck driver left the key in the on position and I didn't know it and while I was searching around the engine compartment I touched one of my 4 fusible links and she came to life....heard the buzzer in the car. That link was loose. So I fixed it. I had nothing before that, no ignition, fuel pump, nada. So just making sure you are 100 percent sure that the links are RIGHT and TIGHT. As I have said before there are some things different with your wiring. Not sure if I asked this earlier or not but did the PO wire an internal regulated alt?

Madkaw, the late model 77 is when they started with the fuel pump safety cutoff through oil pressure. They also use a different relay for the fuel pump. If he has the EFI relay "like he claims" for the early model it is the silver one above the drivers left knee. The other way to know is if he has a 5 pin or 7 pin AFM connector. The 7 pin is the earlier model.

Well the thing is I left the trans in when I pulled the engine. I think it may have gotten messed up either when the car got knocked off of jack stands during a horrible storm, or when te engine went in, the guys had to walk it together with bolts so I'm assuming there lies my issue. Hopefully.. I want my baby to run. My old lady is letting me keep her (was gonna sell to welcome our son into the world but she won't let me get rid of it)

Good for her. She's a keeper