IGNORED

I'm sorry for beating a dead horse, but......Does anyone make a NEW datsun wiring ha

sparegolfer

I'm sorry for beating a dead horse, but does anyone know of any company that sells a NEW wiring harness for my 10/70 z? I have been out of the Z game for over 15 years, although I have had a rust free super straight series one in my garage for about 20 years, it's finally time to get started. But what I can remember, the wiring was always a problem. Burned out fuses and fuse boxes and non-working tail lights, blah, blah, blah....so I've been looking around but can not find anyone so far that sells such, but can anyone here direct me in the right direction. Thank you for your time.

Nope. I looked extensively about 6 years back. Unlike some other cars (my old MG comes to mind), brand new harnesses are not available. Not enough market to justify the development cost.

While you can't really find a new wiring harness - it isn't really that hard to "restore" the one you have as long as it hasn't burned up already.

The good news is that in the mean time - some of the original problems or issues with the original wiring have been identified and corrections or accommodations made for them.

The melting fuse boxes - can be avoided by a plug&play rewiring harness - that takes the main electrical load of the headlights - out of the fuse box and puts it in relays. That or you can replace the original glass fuse type fuse box with a more modern one... Both are available from Motorsports Auto

Likewise - most of the tail light problems had to do with poor body grounds - that's an easy fix.

So get that original wiring harness out - clean everything up - especially all connectors - and re-wrap it...

FWIW,

Carl B.

Contact Carl Yeager at www.new_datsun_parts.com

While your 10/70 is not listed, he lists many new old stock wiring harnesses for the engine bay, instrument, console etc.----they are very expensive----but Carl may be able to help if you are dead set on NEW.

Or, better yet, contact www.classiczcar.com member David Irwin who goes by the screen name "Z's-on-da-brain". He is the recent creator of the headlight relay upgrade that Carl Beck mentioned in the previous post above.

David can rebuild your existing harnesses, turn signal and light /wiper switches to "like new" condition for a reasonable cost.

Jim D.

"Zup" :bunny:

There is a guy that sells parts on Ebay that goes by azariar. His name is Patrick of Patrick Restorations out of California. His prices are reasonable compared to Nos harnesses. I do not have an email address but he normally has electrical parts for sale on Ebay. Richard.