IGNORED

What do you think this S30 is worth? 73' 240z

Z-man

If the car checked out to actually be rust free and had 31K miles... Cleaned up and put in fine running condition - - - it could easily be $14K to $16K today. Even as it sits with some issues related to how it starts and runs; and some cosmetic issues ...I'd be a buyer in a heart beat at $8K to $10K. If I looked it over and under - carefully and really really liked the car - I'd pay $12K..

That sounds a bit high for a Z car in today's market, especially for a 73' model. If that car was down here in Texas, I wouldn't call it a deal for $3500. However, it is a fine example of an overall clean Z. I paid $2500 for my 72, and it was completely original with 50k documented miles on it. Pay what you feel comfortable buying it for since it you are not planning on flipping the car for a profit in a month.

Chase

Edited by CW240Z

I have that same car and love the color combo. It always amazes me that a person like Carl eck who has great insight the the Z car market gets a "no Z I did not pay that much for my car response". Respect for the brand can never be buils if we constantly under price our cars. An unmolested car is valuable and to be honest they are becoming more and more rare. I give the guy who gets his unmolested car for under $3K a round of applause but I also agree with Mr. Beck and I think we need to help influence the market by keeping our cars prices inflated and not deflate the market place. As for the car of this thread it looks to me like the front bumper is not a 73 either. I can't see the spacers for the new 5mph bumper. If the car can be had for $5K buy it.

Thanks everyone. I made a list with all of your points to check and concerns. With the overspray it does look like it must of been in an accident, otherwise why would someone paint a car with such low mileage.

That's not a beige interior, it's dirty white. Nissan didn't offer a beige interior on the 240Z.

From everything I see, it's a 131,000 mile car all day long. But it still seems to be fairly solid for the asking price in SoCal, it would be more in the northeast.

Good Luck!

The camber issue in the back, plus the overspray would lead me to thoroughly inspect the rear of the car. Look underneath for bent mounts and control arms, and look in the hatch interior (take panels off) for crinkling of metal.

Car has 31k original documented miles on it. Basically sat in storage untouched for 25 years or so, until purchased by current owner who planned to restore it.

I can't understand why some people insist that the mileage is not correct. 31K documented miles, then stored for 25 years - - sounds like that would be pretty easy to check - Look at the documentation and call the original owner.

The engine compartment is way to clean and original looking to be a 131K mile car.

Car comes with a few NOS parts that were never installed including new upholstery, badges and exhaust and more.

I don't find this to be unusual at all. I bought new seat covers and door panels for my Blue/White 72 - a few months after I bought it new. I figured at some point I'd want to or need to replace a white interior. For that matter I have all new interior panels for my White/Red 72, on which I am the second owner.

One Original Owner here in this forum - is finally having his Z restored - and many of the NOS parts were purchased by him 30 years ago. It wasn't a matter of need - so much a matter of forward planning.

FWIW,

Carl B.