IGNORED

1975 C110 (KHGC110 240K) Build

Adzmax

• 4 weeks later...

It's not 100% perfect, but it will do until I can find a NOS grill.

20130602175144.jpg

Man, like wtf is wrong with it. For us mere mortals its like 110%LOL

If I only had the time, patience and the dedication you have? Looks great like everything else you have done in this thread.:love:

Regarding the horns, I left the guts in there and let me tell you, I had a hard time retuning them, it's quite fiddly. I had the backs blasted and zinc plated the rest.

With the cluster, the light is kind in this image. There are some minor dents, I manager to roll them out a little since but it's still not perfect. It does add some character though.

Edited by Adzmax

• 3 weeks later...

So you may remember this POS from January....

m8ic.jpg

I finally did some more work on it recently. After I'd finished lead filling the holes in my original centre piece I had to grind back the filling and prep the metal for epoxy primer. The outside came up nice but the inside (which is visible when the bonnet is open) is really pitted. I used filler to level the surface off so it will come up nice once it's painted. You can see the pits in the images.

0z2f.jpg

kjzg.jpg

The plastic end peices were looking pretty shabby also. They had to be rubbed back in prep for priming also.

py60.jpg

It turns out that under all that grime, rust and black paint that there was some original colour under there which was great as it gave us a chance to colour match the paint. Hiro, one of Troy's painters mixed up some colour for me ready for paint.

p9z8.jpg

Troy painted up all the pieces for me ready for reassembly and now I'm ready to go, just need some time to sit down and work out how to put it all back together ;)

uuk8.jpg

45ge.jpg

• 2 months later...