IGNORED

Got my carbs back! Woohoo!

BoldUlysses

Thanks Steve, Pam and Bruce! They look great!

SU_Carbs_1.jpg

Clean as a whistle.

SU_Carbs_3.jpg

They even retrofitted a knurled mixture adjust knob in place of the notched disc, at my request, after initially denying the request (understandably) saying they'd prefer to keep cores together. Big ups!

SU_Carbs_5.jpg

Hoping the new throttle shafts perform better than the old (previously ZTherapy reman'ed) shafts.

I have quite a list before I installed them and fire it up, so it'll be a while before we see them "in action." And I promise I won't touch the float height, no matter how sorely I am tempted. :D

And the really odd part of the two sets in this thread is they are both old variants of what the previous owner built many long years ago. Neither had much if any miles on them but both were machined and bearinged the way Scott did them. We re-did them for a price the way Steve currently does them and know full well they will perform flawlessly. Just stay away from the damned floats....... Put you hands in your pockets and back away!!! Guido and Louigi will be by for a visit....

They do look great! I can't take credit for that. :)

I got a set of spacer gaskets too. Any recommendations about what to coat them with during installation so I can reuse them? Grease? Silicone?

Dry is the way to go on all the intake gaskets, If you are that cheap, you can always cut your own from rolled gasket material (guilty) except the intake/ exhaust gasket of course.

I always make sure I have a spare intake/ exhaust and valve cover gasket on hand as they are sometimes hard to find as in stock items.