IGNORED

The addition of MSA air hornes

5thhorsemann

Another update, after the last fuel calculation I read the plugs, pretty lil rosebuds across the board. I have also run two tanks of fuel thru her, a full tank today alone, both driven out at about 50/50 highway and city. The results seem to be as stated above, roughly 23 MPG. So thats 3 mpg above what I was getting.

We are getting set to switch to summer blend fuel in Maryland, which has higher alcohol content among other things. I plan to track my fuel economy numbers and see what happens, because the last time I did the economy math we MAY have still been on summer blend, we shall see.

• 2 months later...

Economy update, I've been running up to Fulton, PA a few times a week, about 80 miles round trip. So I have been tracking fuel my consumption closely on these trips and have found some intresting results.

If I keep my speeds around the posted limits, I get 22 or 23 MPG on the summer blend quite consistantly.

If I drive the car the way it likes to be driven 90 to 100 MPH highway and 50 to 70 MPH byway, the economy is horrible 10 to 12 MPG. Thats the worst milage of any car I ever owned short of an old Econoline van with a 351 cleveland motor that got 4 MPG no matter how I drove it.

Long story short, the velocity stacks make a difference in fuel milage and high speed economy and performance.