IGNORED

What flywheel people using on L24s?

blk180

I may be wrong but I think that any L engine flywheel will bolt to the crankshaft of an L24. I've seen them for sale (can't remember where though), I'm surprised that your shop couldn't locate one.

You might consider finding a donor car with a manual and all of the other parts that you'll need for the conversion.

Agreed, I believe that the turbo and maybe the 2+2 had a larger clutch but I believe that the flywheels were the same. If you are getting a new clutch anyways then it should be simple enough to find a used flywheel from any L series engine and buy the clutch and colar to go with it.

May be a sign of the times, but I'm sure that last summer I Googled around to see what a flywheel cost, to compare to having one resurfaced. I found several sources at about $55 refurbished, including a local shop, Mike's Auto Parts. But now nothing comes up. Maybe the common source for rebuilt Z flywheels has shut down. All that comes up now is expensive Fidanza flywheels, at ridiculous prices.

Hoard those old flywheels, they might be getting melted down, as we read.

Why do you need a new flywheel, just have your resurfaced at a machine shop.

His post implies that he is converting from an automatic to a manual. The automatics have torque convertor, which needs to be replaced with a flywheel. I have an extra motor laying around with the same issue.