IGNORED

New member from Norway...

Topz

Hi there..

I am the new owner of this one :classic:

DSC_2903.jpg

I guess you recognize this car as forum member Arne`s former Z.

The car is still on it`s way to Norway, but the container with the car is supposed to arrive in Oslo this weekend.

Guess who`s exited!

I am a long time car enthusiast and this is what i sold last autumn, 1969 Opel Commodore Coupe, these cars where newer exported to the US

posterbilde.jpg

Had it for 6 years, but wanted to try something else. So i guess that the 240Z will be a very good choice.

I`ll keep you posted (with more pic`s) as soon as the car arrives.

Best Regards

Terje

Very nice red Z and good documented refresh. I grew up around Opel's and other fine Euro cars, my father had a Capitan model and Commodore's were a popular model to import after an European Vacation in the 70's to Caracas Venezuela.:cool:

Edited by 72 OJ

Not much any of us can do about that Arne, but yes...it has taken it`s time, but counting days now not weeks :) Anyway , i want be able to take it for a ride in a couple of month since winter and salty roads is a fact here these days.

Keep you posted.

Best Regards

Terje

Finally the car arrived in Oslo, picked it up and had her washed and cleaned after it`s long journey.

Thanks again Arne, the car is very nice ;-)

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0041.jpg

As you see from the pictures, driving condicions for a 240Z is not ideal, guess i have to wait another 2-3 month

until i can take it for a ride. Here`s the car washed up and ready for winterstorage.

IMAG0045.jpg

• Like 1

Finally the car arrived in Oslo, picked it up and had her washed and cleaned after it`s long journey.

Thanks again Arne, the car is very nice ;-)

Great news, Terje! It took longer than I would have thought, but it appears to have arrived safely. I know that you will be eagerly awaiting clear roads!

I love this Opel Terje....

It reminds me of a mid sixties dodge or plymouth...except for the headlights...like maybe a charger grille and a barracuda body sort of...

When my father was stationed in France he bought an Opel and had it shipped home, then drove it from New York to L.A. Im not sure of the year of the Opel, he got out of the army in 1960, so...it would have had to have been a 1955-60 model..he drove it for several years, then bought a 1963 chrysler 300

I am a long time car enthusiast and this is what i sold last autumn, 1969 Opel Commodore Coupe, these cars where newer exported to the US

posterbilde.jpg

Had it for 6 years, but wanted to try something else. So i guess that the 240Z will be a very good choice.

I`ll keep you posted (with more pic`s) as soon as the car arrives.

Best Regards

Terje

I have to admit that—even though my official responsibility ended when I handed it off to the transport driver—there is a huge sense of relief in knowing that it arrived safely. After weeks of winter to clean and fiddle with the car, I suspect you will be very familiar with the entire car long before you get a chance to really drive it, Terje.

Thanks Arne,

Until last wednesday i only had the chance to look at pictures of the car.

(from your website, and several pictures on this site)

I have never bought a car this way before..... never seen the car in person, dealing with a total stranger, take the car for a testride...so for me it was also a huge relief that the car arrived safely and that the car was as nice as the pictures shows.

Now that i have been able to see the car, starting it, checking it, sitting in it...i just has to say that i am very satisfied.

• 3 months later...

Small update from Norway,

Had the car registered the week before easter, with no remarks!!

Was lucky to get a time correct numberplate from 1971 with a personal touch...DA 40865, DA 40..(Datsun 240) 865...(month and year i was born) :cool:

IMAG0008.jpg

Yesterday i did the front suspension, Tie Rod ends and Lower Ball Bearings were changed as they were showing their age.(done in 2 1/2 hour) The front suspension is now tight, will consider changing the sway bar links and

compression rod bushings as well.

IMAG0009.jpg

The car runs great, draws attention and gives me a lot of pleasure.

Edited by Topz

Yesterday i did the front suspension, Tie Rod ends and Lower Ball Bearings were changed as they were showing their age.
Good deal, Terje. That would have been on my list of things to do this year had I kept the car. The rear bushings were all replaced with factory parts a few years ago.