IGNORED

Any advice on lowering 72 Z?

illest240z

I have a 72 240z and I really want it to look nice and low. I know that Ground Control Coilovers work real nice, but they aren't in my budget. What are any alternatives to making my car as low as possible? What lowering springs/kit would look best and would getting smaller rims/wheels and tire profile reduce the ride height as well? I will be putting on ZG fender flares on and I want the wheels to look tucked in. I also plan on getting Konig Rewinds. So what do you think would make them look best on my car? .

It doesn't work that way. That actually splits up the responses causing you to have to look several places for your answer(s). Post it once in the proper forum and you'll get your answers. That and you won't have to deal with people asking why it's so many places.;)

Edited by sblake01

Extra posts deleted, and this one moved to proper forum.

E Scanlon

Justin, most people use the front page's "Recent Thread Activity" at the bottom of the page to see all new posts. Seeing the same post multiple times causes some to simply ignore the whole set.

FWIW

E

Edited by EScanlon

Stellar attitude. It's really the wrong forum for your type. Go check out the hybrid z forum. You will find many answers there. There are so many coilover threads on there that you wont even have to ask, which is a good thing since your social skills will prevent you from getting many useful replies. Most enthusiast on this forum don't have "ill" 240's. This is more of a purist crowd with modest modifications at most, so the answer here would likely be lowering springs to drop it slightly.

Justin,

First of all, welcome to the website. Secondly, post pictures so we can see your Z! We love to see everyones ride. Lastly, I don't know if you meant it to come across this way or not but that last post came across as very rude. I can guarantee, you will get no help here if that's the case. Everyone was trying to be patient and tell you not to waste space and people's time by posting duplicate threads. This site is a valuable resource and can give you a lot of help with your car but whether you are posting on the internet or talking to someone in person, always be respectful. I don't know if this helps you but I put Tokiko shocks and Eibach springs on my 240z and am very happy with the results. The car is lower but now scraping the ground. I went with 16" Rota wheels, which are Panasport knockoffs for a lot less money. Good luck.

Carl

Justin,

Respect will get you everywhere on this site - we do welcome you, but we really are just a bunch of guys that love their Datsuns. Have you tired to use the search option? Most topics have been covered thoroughly before so it helps if you do a little research - see what has been covered in any topic you are looking for and then reach out to the members to get advise after you have done a little digging. Not only will you learn about different aspects of the topic you are looking for, but you will learn tons on other topics that you will stumble on...........hell, that's half the fun of it.

Gets some pic's up so we can see your project!