IGNORED

Beautiful '77! ebay auction in CT

Willoughby Z

I was impressed by the engine bay detailing and the overall condition of the car.

Mirrors? To each his own, I guess. They wouldn't be my first choice but good mirrors are hard to find- I've been through a couple of models with two 280's and have been unhappy with the functionality (shimmy, reflective quality, etc.) of a pleasing (to me) design. My personal choice would be black.

Headers may be SS-seller isn't specific about the mfg., nor are they forthcoming about the exhaust supplier.

With consideration to recent threads regarding the 200 hp threshold, I'm skeptical about 240hp (claimed) without dyno sheets to back it up.But it is a dealer and their marketing doesn't seem to be directed to Z enthusiasts, rather to the " I always wanted a Z" buyer who will just accept the claim as it is. If it were my sale, I'd have the entire build/spec sheet presented...

Rusty screws, mirrors, and unsubstantiated horsepower claims aside- it is a finely presented car in what appears to be

Agree, it's one that's almost there. Reminds me a lot of mine when I first saw her (on ebay as well). Mine's a 78 with only 30K miles, but condition is real similar. Biggest detractor on mine is the need for a paint job, which is not visible in the pics below that came from the auction:

Passenger2.jpg

Front2.jpg

Engine2.jpg

Engine1.jpg

Interior1.jpg

It will be interesting to see what the '77 goes for.....

Edited by fandsw

Those are the original screws. The engine plates are not riveted.

Here is the plate in a 77 ZAP:

072120112201-M.jpg

Thanks, cygnus. I didn't catch the difference (vs. the door jam).

As I said before-rivets or not, it was the overlooked detail of rusty hardware.

fandsw: very nice! same color as my first, a '77 5-speed, also with dealer installed rear louvre. The dealer (Manassas Datsun) had also added ribbon pinstripes- light green/yellow on the shoulder, starting as pinpoinst at the headlight buckets, increasing in width, with a crossover near the rear corners, going across the hatch.

They also threw in a 50% off coupon for wheels.

post-23509-14150817151965_thumb.jpg My memory insists that they were Carroll Shelby but searches can't verify that.

I've digressed... :finger: