blk180

My 240K(c110) build thread

Here are some pics of my car back from paint, a little overcast today so will get some better pics when the suns out.

img9167w.jpg

img9168s.jpg

img9170w.jpg

img9173v.jpg

img9175do.jpg

Has come up really good. Now my turn to find the missing and restore and fit the rest.

Brad

Edited by blk180

Mate, that looks awesome, great mirror finish on the paint.

Looks like you'll be one of the first of us to finish your K.

Keep up the good work.

Thats still the bonnet you sold the car to me with as well, was 3 days work but looks the goods now.

Im not sure how keen he is to do another one he spent 255 hours on this car, gives you and idea of what i spent too.

But now i see it finshed i know it was worth it to get it looking good.

Edited by blk180

looks real nice mate. please don't go 16s though... 15s max.

i can help you source wheels via yahoo japan if you would like.

edit - in fact i can help anyone source any parts if they need a hand, just let me know.

Just a thought! if you put 15's MAX! and lower the car to where it would look the part, wouldn't it mean that the rear would be sitting on the bump stops and the front would have had almost half of the spring cut out of it, once the rear A-frames have passed their horizontal arch they have nearly no suspension resistance in them what so ever, not much of a racecar!

post-16763-1415081701459_thumb.jpg

Mr 180, your car is looking awsome, the colors work very well......Keep up the good work, nice to see another K on the go, what do you have in mind as far as motor and brakes?

hmmmm this weekends progress.

These rubbers are more of pain to fit then one mite think took us many hours.

img9176s.jpg

Start to refit the loom. have not found the rear loom yet but im sure its the somewhere :ermm:

img9177p.jpg

Cleaned up the lights took a couple of hours, then trail fitted the Grill

img9185f.jpg

and just another random shot of the mirrors

img9186f.jpg

also prepared the front and rear bumpers for polishing.

Dont seem like much but everythink takes time, hope to get the parts for the motor this week and get it back in maybe weekend after next.

Hoping to get the dynamating done during this week so i can start to refit the interior over the next week or so.

Some update pics been raining here alot so not a great deal has been done, im also looking to buy a new house so if that happens probably be no updates to after the new year.

Front bummer polished and fitted not really to my liking(quality wise) but will do for now

img9188u.jpg

Rear bummer polished and rear light surround cleaned up and fitted

img9191n.jpg

Dynamating started need to go buy another pack to finshs floor and do doors. Then all the interior can go in then.

img9193i.jpg

img9195pp.jpg

Brad you didnt weigh the dynamat by any chance did you before putting it in? Interested to know how much it all weighs

Dyna mat is for noise and heat, heat being the main reason i did it.

Its been raining in sydney near none stop for the 2-3weeks so time to do things when i only have a single garage has been short.

Having said that i have got all the parts here now to clean up the engine and put it in, just need to find a gearbox and pedal box.

Also trail fitted seats so could work out how the new carpet went in.

heaps of room in the back with no front seats LOL

img0194ki.jpg

first time i have every sat in the front seat of this car.

img9198c.jpg

img9197j.jpg

And i have done these but im still missing the weather strips on the front doors. i really need to find these as i plan on having all the metal work repaired to new once i have the last two pieces and will take the company 6-8weeks to do.

img0179ju.jpg

Don't you love Sydney weather!

Just out of curiosity, what Company will you use to fix the s/s trims? I ask because some of my trims will need repairing and re-polishing, along with my bumpers

in the near future.

This is the place i plan to use, they dont do bumpers. Let me know if you find some who will do bumpers tho as i may get a spare set of mine done.

http://www.classiccargurus.com.au/Moulding_Repairs_and_Polishing

this place is not cheap once i get the last two trims i need i will take pics of the worst bits and let everyone know the price.

Hey Brad that link to the mirrors on yahoo auctions you put up, they look like the real deal - can you confirm they're the same as your mirrors please?

pending on how complete they are, seen some go for 30k and others go for 100k. all depends on how much the person wants them i guess. i bought mine seperate and added up to about 25k