IGNORED

Well I'm officially "Z Less"

DatsunZsRule

Thanks Andrew :)

For me and for many others, the situation is different from those of you who sell due to lost or changing interest in your hobby and simply getting "Bored" from it. If that were the case with me, I wouldn't give a crap about selling it either but thats not the case with me nor is it the case with many others. Many of us are painfully forced to have to give up our hobbys and sell something we love and enjoy so dearly because unfortunately things come up in life that presses us to wheather it's having kids, saving to buy a house, changes in your job you have no control over ect. ect. and yeah obviously once the buyer cuts you the check and buys the car, it's out of your hands at that point. It's out of my hands and he can and will do whatever he wishes to the car. I have no intentions to tell him what he should and shouldn't do with it. It's none of my business. All I'm saying is that in my case, I didn't want to have to sell it but I had to because at this time in my life, other things have come up and I just don't have the extra time or funds for it right now but It makes me feel really good that the guy who bought mine is a very nice down to earth guy and has a strong love for these cars like I do and told me how he was so impressed with the way I took care of it that he wants to stay in touch with me if he needs help or has questions. Selling it was tough, but It makes me feel a lot better knowing it went to someone like that. Thats all I'm saying. Nothing wrong with feeling down when you HAVE to sell something you enjoy and nothing wrong with not missing something you WANT to sell. Everyones reason to sell is different so the feelings towards it is going to be different to.

Just my opinion on the subject :)

Jared, I hope things work out for you and you can one day buy another Z car. Your 280Z was one of the nicest on this site.

Thanks Mark. Yeah, I hope I can too.

your 1978 611 Wine Red 280Z is also very sharp looking. The Panasport Rims sure like nice on a classic Z :) I loved them on mine as well.

Thanks Mark. Yeah, I hope I can too.

your 1978 611 Wine Red 280Z is also very sharp looking. The Panasport Rims sure like nice on a classic Z :) I loved them on mine as well.

Thanks. The 280Z is actually my college age son's car. Panasports make the car IMHO. The 280Z was not starting so I had it towed (Hagerty Insurance picked up the tab) to my local shop. I suspected bad battery cables. Turned out to be the case and $38 later she starts and runs like a charm. I followed the tow truck over in my 240Z. She ran like a champ all day. I am going to start driving one of them on work Fridays if weather looks OK. Edited by jmark

I am going to start driving one of them on work Fridays if weather looks OK.
Do it, Mark. Not only is it fun to get them out and on the road regularly, but I think it is important to make the cars visible - let people see them, spur some interest in people who may remember them fondly, but have forgotten about them because they haven't seen one in so long. For the 5 years I had it, I drove mine to work generally twice a week year 'round. To the end I got comments from people, and it wasn't unusual to see people in the parking lot just walking around the car gawking. (And this is on the West Coast, where early Zs are relatively plentiful.) I think that kind of exposure is important for the car hobby in general, and for early Zs in particular. Edited by Arne

Thanks. The 280Z is actually my college age son's car. Panasports make the car IMHO. The 280Z was not starting so I had it towed (Hagerty Insurance picked up the tab) to my local shop. I suspected bad battery cables. Turned out to be the case and $38 later she starts and runs like a charm. I followed the tow truck over in my 240Z. She ran like a champ all day. I am going to start driving one of them on work Fridays if weather looks OK.

Thats right. I forgot that it was your sons. Looks like he's been taking good care of it. (Like father like son :D )

Thought about taking mine to work a few times until I saw my managers car get plowed into in the parking lot. Turned out the clown that hit it freaked when he dropped his cigarette in his lap and BAM ROFL Sorry I shouldn't laugh. Could have happened to me.

Anyway it was then and there I decided to scratch off that idea of taking my Z to work :)

Edited by DatsunZsRule