IGNORED

Well I'm officially "Z Less"

DatsunZsRule

The buyer came down from Indiana and was so very pleased with it and couldn't get over how well I took care of it. I rode with him and let him take it for a drive and he shook my hand and gladly said " We have a deal. I'll take it"

It's been a rough sad day for me though. As the guy was loading the Z on his friends trailer he could tell I was having a hard time and patted me on the shoulder and said. "Don't worry man, I'm going to take the best of care of this car" I told him well that makes me feel a lot better. I know it will be in good hands :)

post-4657-14150816956733_thumb.jpg

post-4657-14150816957653_thumb.jpg

i feel for ya. couldn't imagine selling mine.

Yeah, wasn't an easy choice. Sad day but the buyer is a really awesome guy and I know he will take good care of it. It was cool seeing the look on his face when I showed it to him. It took him back to when he bought his first one new back in 1978.

I think that was the way I knew that it was time to sell mine and move on to something different - I had no problem selling it. My wife was more bothered by it that I was. It was a great car, but I can only stick with something for so long.

DSC_3019.jpg

Letting go of a car is like giving a child up for adoption. I feel your pain.
No, as much as I like cars, and as many fun vehicles I have owned - they are just cars. There are always more to experience. I've never gotten that attached to a car. When the time comes to sell, I sell.
...but I can only stick with something for so long.
Good thing that doesn't apply to wives ;)
True. I should have specified cars in that statement. Same wife for 34 years and counting.....

No, as much as I like cars, and as many fun vehicles I have owned - they are just cars. There are always more to experience. I've never gotten that attached to a car. When the time comes to sell, I sell..
I totally concur. I'll go one farther though this one might be unpopular. The right buyer is the one who will pay your asking price (or higher). I'm really not that concerned with what the new owner does with the car (or truck). Though I'd like to see them go to a 'good home', when all is said and done, money talks.

The right buyer is the one who will pay your asking price (or higher). I'm really not that concerned with what the new owner does with the car (or truck). Though I'd like to see them go to a 'good home', when all is said and done, money talks.
Nope, I agree with this as well. When I buy a car, it is mine to do with, drive and modify as I see fit. Once someone has bought it from me, the same is true - it's theirs to use and maintain however they like.