IGNORED

Looking for RHD hood latch and cable, HELP

74FAIRLADYZ

For UK right hand drive (RHD) cars from 05/72 to 07/73 the hood (bonnet) latch assembly (not the guide retainer, which I assume is satisfactory) is part 65610-E8700 (the parts book calls it "ASSY - HOOD LOCK FEMALE"). The cable assembly with fixing bracket and knob is 65640-N3000. From 08/73 the latch assembly is also 65610-E8700, but the cable assembly from 08/73 is part 65540-N3000 to 08/74 which then becomes part 65640-N3410. In the UK we have RHD cars, so try either the UK Z Club: http://zclub.net/ or perhaps MJP Eastern Auto: http://www.mjpauto.com/ although I suspect new parts are no longer available.

Send me a PM with exactly what components you need. I probably have them.

Travis,

I tried to reply to your PM, and this is the autoreply I got:

"74FAIRLADYZ has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

My message was that the only RHD-specific parts you need are the male and female parts of the latch ( the female part bolts to the step bracket on the firewall, and the male part bolts to the bonnet / hood. For 1974 the inner & outer cable, bracket and pull handle are common between RHD & LHD, so you could save money by sourcing them more locally.

I have spare male & female latch sections, and will collect them from my storage place tomorrow. I can give you a price inc. postage then, but in the meantime please adjust your Preferences so that you can receivd PMs on this forum.

Cheers,

Alan T.

Travis,

I have picked out a hood / bonnet latch 3pc set for you. Please see the attached photos.

I have not picked out a cable, mount bracket and pull handle because I believe you can use locally-sourced LHD items to save you money.

Cheers,

Alan T.

post-2116-14150816996675_thumb.jpg

post-2116-14150816997192_thumb.jpg

Alan, would you happen to have another set available? I could definitely use a new set as well.

Probably, but they wouldn't be replated like the pieces in the above photos. They'll be either 'as-is' used ( original plating dead ), or NOS.

Are you sure you really need them? Postage is not cheap....

Travis,

I have sent you a total price inc. Global Priority postage. I will only post with a tracked service, and never 'surface' / economy mail.

Cheers,

Alan T.