IGNORED

I want original tyres for 1970 240Z

kats

Hello everyone,

I have been looking for original tyres for my 1970 240Z.

These shoul be Bridgestone 175 SR 14,I do not know the model name.

Where can I get ,or is anyone can sell these for me?If there are,I will pay more than you expected.

I know what the tyre's pattern looks like.And I heard about the story of Mr.Pole Sandy who is a owner of 1970 240Z which is copied for Flanlklin Mint models.

He looked around dismantling yeard so many times and he checked spair tyre bin of each 240Z,finaly he managed to get 5

good original tyres for 1970 240Z.

I want to do that same thing,but I do not have time.

Please let me know anything about it.

Thank you.

kats

No Ihaven`t these tyres, but I had this information

from a dutch road test from RAC or AA .

It`s nice to meet someone with such a nice original car.

I hope I can finisch mine in a few years .

by the way , bridstone is n`t easy to get in japan?

I shell look on the dutch tyres site for rd 150 .

keep in touch . by damian

Kats, Just had a look at my 240 spare, and its an rd 150 bridgestone, I'm in australia, and its yours if you can think of a way to get it to you, it had been used a little, but still has a few of the tits on it.

I still have the original set of RD 150’s with some meat still left on them with a spare that has never been down. There’s no sign of cracking, but at 30 year plus, I won't drive the car on long trip at highway speeds with these relics. :finger:

post-2033-14150792352935_thumb.jpg

Hello every one,

Thank you for your informations.I am sorry for this delay.

Damian, it is easy to get Bridgestone here in Japan if I do not mind originality. Bridgestone still produces 175 SR or HR 14,but they are different looks from old ones.

Z Kid, thank you very much for your offering. If yours has exactly same looks of photos which I posted here,I would like to ask you to sell it for me. Please take a look at photos carefuly.

trs, thank you very much and also I want you to look at photos here and confirm it has the same looks.

DatsunZGuy, I was very surprised for your nice Z car.It must be perfect original Z.I envy you own the Z like that.

Your Z's RD150 is exactly original.Is it 1971 or 1972?I noticed your hubcap is for from 1971 late,right?

The tires wich I want are slightly different from yours. According to photos which I posted here are based on 1970 broughchure and advertizment and Z car magazine, I can see the tread patterns which are very interesting and something different.

Again thank you very much, and I will keep looking for original tires for 1970.

kats

Hello Kats,

Thank you for the complement. Yes, my vehicle is very nearly original, but not quite perfect. As for the model year, it is titled as a 1972 model with a production date of 12/71. It has the vertical defrost lines on the rear hatch glass, and the car is equipped with non-retractable seatbelt, but has the recess behind the seats for the retractable ones.

Have you contacted Nissan to inquire what make and model of tires were used on the early production vehicles manufactured around the time yours was built? I would think someone at the corporate level would be happy to assist you. Assistance like this makes for good public relations.

This other suggestion is kind of unorthodox, somewhat extreme and a long shot. Certain law enforcement agencies like Interpol, maintain a database of different tire tread patterns, which are used to aid investigations by narrowing down the list of possible vehicles using a particular brand of tire as OEM equipment. Of course, this based on the premise the tires on the vehicle are original or an exact replacement. This is similar to the FBI’s ability to identify a year, make and model of a vehicle by analyzing a paint chip obtained from a crime scene. Of course, to obtain this type of information, you need to know the right person in the right place. Those photographs you have might just be enough to produce a match.

I wish you good luck in your quest!

I have attached a link that discusses about how the FBI uses tread and shoe pattern identification.

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/lab/handbook/examshoe.htm