IGNORED

Identifing front spoiler part numbers

CW240Z

I met a guy who has a front spoiler for sale for the 240z. However, he didn't have it with him and had a hard time describing it to me. He said it was "Spook" styled, and bolted to the lower valance, not replacing it. Anyways he has a Nissan/Datsun part number for it and I was seeing if someone on here could figure out which spoiler he has. Thanks!

Chase

240, 260Z (70-74 1/2) 2701083 - BFE FIBERGLASS AIR DAM

Edited by CW240Z

Hey Chase - you may have already figured out the P/N does not get a hit on the Courtesy site. It certainly does not resemble a Datsun/Nissan P/N. The reference to "BFE" is possibly intended to be "BRE". The original BRE 240Z "Spook" used only in 1970 is visible in my garage. The second version is the one more commonly seen, typically available from MSA and others - and also directly from BRE. Note that BRE does not call the new model a Spook, they refer to their "Original Air Dam".

http://www.bre2.net/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=B&Product_Code=bre_bodyparts_240zairdam&Category_Code=bre_datsun_body_parts

Hope this helps.

Jim

That looks like an old Interpart part number to me. I don't have any old Interpart catalogs, but I too think it is probably a BRE "Spook". Since the Interpart name didn't come along until later (and also since the listing notes the 260Z fitment), I'm going to guess it is the same spoiler as I had on my car.

Thanks guys, the description of the spoiler was one without the air ducts, so I assume it is one similar yours Arne. You're right Jim, the part number wouldn't come up for any of the main manufactures I know of, so searching for it on the internet is just about worthless.

post-24603-14150816728494_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic of one I believe is it, just so we're all on the same page.

Chase

The Interpart front spook for the 240Z is either 2701083 for the "street" version of 2701053 for the "competition" version. I would assume that the competition version has the air ducts for the brakes.

The Nissan front spook / spoiler is 983000-E8100 which is not a competition application. It is the neoprene one.