IGNORED

76 280 spark plugs?

kacrow76

Ok here goes new here i have a 76 280z had it about a month and can't get it to run right. things i have done droped gas tank had it cleaned and coated put it back in. new fuel filter, new plugs and wires NGK last night i removed the

new plugs to check the gaps. the car had ran about 15min the other day with the new plugs in. BTW it ran bad the whole time. # 6 plug was black #5 looked ok #4 was white as was#3 #2 was black and #1 was ok. is ths a injector problem or something other. it dose back fire through the front some.help please

You do not get help by belittling the people you want help from.

And please use punctuation on this forum. It helps people take you seriously.

You gave us one symptom of a bad running car. This is what we do not know that we would NEED to know

Miles on car

Did the car run poorly before you changed plugs/filter/gas tank

did you replace all the hoses in your car going to the gas tank or are they plugged and stopped up

Is the car original or modified

Are all the vacuum hoses in good shape

What fuel pressure are you running

What is your timing set at

Also dose is not the word you were looking for. You mean 'It DOES backfire from the front'

Take some more time and give the experienced members more information and word it in a grammatically correct way so they can spend time helping you and not trying to figure out what you wrote.

By the way, glad to have a new member. Welcome.

Everything that Zedyone said.

Kacrow, there are a LOT of lurkers on this list. Most of the 35 who read your post are lurkers. Maybe a few were not lurkers but didn't have an answer. Maybe others who might have had an answer for you hadn't read your post yet, because we were doing other things.

The backfire through the intake indicates at least some of your cylinders are lean, but you already know that from the plugs.

Off hand, it sounds like you might have some clogged injectors and maybe other injectors that are stuck open and partially clogged. What did your old fuel filter look like? A new set of cheap injectors would be around $150 off of eBay. That might be worth considering.

Also try cleaning the electrical connections to the injectors. Those are notorious for going sour at this age.

So sorry for the post before. i was not thinking right.on the list of things you need to know.it never did run right or for very long.i did not change all of the fuel lines. i did replace all of the hoses and blow the lines out. i am working on the vacuum hoses.this has been a real project but i am working through it. as to the injectors can they be cleaned or is it better to just replace them? i will check my fuel pressure tonight.the car is original as best as i can tell.sorry once again and thanks for the help.

And please use punctuation on this forum. It helps people take you seriously.

Take some more time and give the experienced members more information and word it in a grammatically correct way so they can spend time helping you and not trying to figure out what you wrote.

You'll be much better off if you read and consider the suggestions people give you, and act on them. Either you didn't do that with Zedyone's post, or you did and decided not to take the suggestions. Your last post is worse than your first, and barely understandable. Effort returned to you will be proportional to the effort you put in.

Backfire through the intake is a sign of a lean mixture. Fuel pressure and vacuum leaks are two potential causes.

Look, do not just quit. The car is not going to fix itself.

Get back in here and stick with this...

All that is being asked is to use a minimum amount of punctuation and grammar. A MINIMUM amount.

You ARE smart enough to do that. I have no doubt at all.

Yes, you can clean injectors, but yours are probably over 30 years old. It is better to replace them so you can definitely check it off that they are good. When ever you trouble shoot an older car, and you take the time to fix something, make sure there is no doubt it is done right.

Also, is this your only means of transportation? Do you need this car to work everyday? That will determine how deep you have to go.

How much do you have to spend, and how important is keeping the car original to you?

People are lacking in basic communication skills these days. Probably more the fault of your education system than the poor guy.

I know it's a fault with our system.

We need to have a little more tolerance and patience. It's not too hard to understand from his posts, the message he is trying to convey.

The poor guy has owned his car a month and is trying to get it to run well. Give him a break.

I realise he comes across as being impatient, but he sounds at the end of his tether with this problem.

Edited by olzed

No i am not going to quit. And no this is not my only car it is going to be my son's first car we are fixing it up together.I was almost there and now you have helped me along. So are the Ebay injectors ok or should i spend more and get better one's. Anyone have the MSA injector's are they worth the money.I was looking at the wire harness from Nissan. Any information would be great. thanks