IGNORED

280z with sloped hatch deck

grantf

Andrew, Grant is asking about the 77-78 280 raised rear hatch floor and its components. The back 1/4 or so is sloped up from the raised floor to the hatch sill on a hinge, held down with two plastic knobs at the edge to allow access to the tail light bulbs behind.

The micro fiche of the Body section for L26& L28E has very detailed pictures of the four hardboard pieces and raising support brackets and assorted bits and pieces that make up this "improved" rear floor area for the August 76 and later (77-78) 280's starting at section 135A-1, about page 50 in the PDF. The FSM on the other hand, has almost nothing about it.

Fiche and FSM at xenons30.com as usual....

Hopefully someone here with a 77-78 may be able to give you pictures of their hatch area.

No it is not a custum "mod" it is stock. zKars I have the hardboard what I am trying to figure out is what sort of trim there is in lieu of the more comon taillight cover panel. I am sure there are others that have the sloped deck.I will poast pictures later to show what I have.

Edited by grantf

As far as I have ever known, the 77's and 78's had the raised rear deck to make more room for the spare tire and tool kit. The deck rises towards the rear, up to a few inches from the hatch seal. I also don't think they have those handy tool bin storage areas just behind the seats, at the front of the rear deck. I think there are 4 or 5 wood/particle board sections to the raised deck. The front and rear are hinged together, and there are left and right sections. All of them are held up by stand-off brackets from underneath.

Edited by cygnusx1

Andrew, Grant is asking about the 77-78 280 raised rear hatch floor and its components. The back 1/4 or so is sloped up from the raised floor to the hatch sill on a hinge, held down with two plastic knobs at the edge to allow access to the tail light bulbs behind.....

Ahhh, I understand now.

Grant look at my Albumz (link below). There are plenty in a section called 'In The Beginning...' . I have just about everything that you would need -including the deck. Let me know...

Direct:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/album.php?albumid=293&attachmentid=43629

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/album.php?albumid=293&attachmentid=43630

Edited by ZCurves

Arrg!!! I think some people are not getting it. Some 280Zs had a sloped up deck most do not, most are flat but raised. My car has the former, a sloped up hatch deck. I am not shure I like it but it is stock, not a mod and not stuck. I would prefer the cargo area from my long lost 260z. perhaps some day I will convert it to the flat raised deck. here are some pics. There has to be others out there with a sloped deck.

post-17660-14150816663488_thumb.jpg

post-17660-1415081666416_thumb.jpg

post-17660-14150816664742_thumb.jpg