IGNORED

SU Jet Depth Calculator with Temperature and Altitude Compensation (XLS Tool)

• 5 weeks later...

Do you mean that it's no good for the carb that you reassembled after dropping parts?

Zing!

Great little tool Blue. It's a good reminder that a seasonal change in temperature can result in a full turn of the mixture wheels.

I always re-sync the carbs after any adjustment to the nozzle wheels. I'm I just being overly concerned? Do others just turn-n-go?

Edited by Gary in NJ

I always re-sync the carbs after any adjustment to the nozzle wheels. I'm I just being overly concerned?

I think you are being overly concerned. Sync is air volume (basically) and nozzle wheels are fuel.

Changing the nozzle wheels shouldn't do anything to change the volume of air, and hence should not require a re-sync. Of course, if you have the time, there's nothing wrong with doing it anyway. Don't cost nuthin'.

Out of curiosity, have had to make significant sync changes after messing with the nozzles?

(Assuming, of course, sync at the same RPM...)

Out of curiosity, have had to make significant sync changes after messing with the nozzles? (Assuming, of course, sync at the same RPM...)

Not really. A "tweek" here or there, nothing that actually effects performance. The carbs are always well sync'ed.

I do enjoy a good sync'ing :)

• 9 years later...