IGNORED

Adam Corrolla's "Ther Car Show".....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!?

240ZX

Just a little rant about "The Car Show"! Watched the show last night and as usual it included some pretty dumb stuff! However, it does have some good stuff, just not enough. Here is the real point of my post.....Adam, a self proclaimed Datsun guy, was visiting some rich guys car collection, which was very nice and included a really nice Datsun race car that had won a championship title. Adam comments by saying...Oh, nice 240Z, when any Datsun person could see was a 280Z!!! I just thought it was sad/funny that a self proclaimed Datsun guy doesn'tt know the difference between a 240 and a 280.:stupid:

Tom

Well take it sort of easy on him.

he is the only star we have left out there who actively proclaims his love for the old brand. Peter Brock also talks well, but Adam is a nut going to monterey and other historics. I think he is a bit of a tool at times on his show, but some of that is writing. I just think his timing is off or something. That show is getting better. I actually like the polar opposites of the wall street journal guy and the smoking tire guy. I cannot figure out how an NBA star has anything to do with anything.

I don't understand why the NBA guy is on there either, he can't fit in anything decent and doesn't know much about cars. The wall street guy is a bit of a joke as well. The show is getting better though, it's already 100x better than the American Top Gear. I think Adam's comments are pretty funny, his dry humor is always amusing! LOL

I get tired of the 'what car do you want to pull up to a restaurant in to impress people' line on there. Because that is what driving is about? Maybe where they live and maybe if you aren't a real car guy.

For entertainment purposes I'll take Top Gear USA over it any day. But that is just my opinion and we all know what opinions are like. (hint: we all have them and some just smell worse than others)

I'm just glad there are a couple car show choices. I guess none of them will ever really cover a new car with actual comments though as they are afraid to annoy an advertiser. Guess that's a plus with UK shows not having ads.

american top gear is a waste of programing they seem to hold all the american made cars with high praise....i have a few older american cars and newer ones too none of them hold a candle to the smile i have on my face while i drive my miss colored z down the hwy and get thumbs up from lots of people....i even get people with high performance cars telling me lovely z

The American Top Gear would be way better if the got rid of Adam Ferrara, and replaced him with Adam Corrolla. Ferrara is a complete loser who has no idea about anything car related. For those guys (like me) who watched the UK Top Gear and think it's one of the best car shows on right now, YouTube the UK top gear episode 1. It's not all that great of a show at the start. If we give our American car shows time, they might surprise us.

american top gear is a waste of programing they seem to hold all the american made cars with high praise....i have a few older american cars and newer ones too none of them hold a candle to the smile i have on my face while i drive my miss colored z down the hwy and get thumbs up from lots of people....i even get people with high performance cars telling me lovely z

As I said, it is just entertainment. And heaven forbid someone on TV have different taste in cars. What kind of country would it be if people liked different things.

I think what "The Car Show" is doing wrong is that the show has no real direction. There are some entertaining bits like the 24 Hours of Lemons and teaching chicks how to drive stick. I think the show needs to appeal to the common car guys like us, go to local events like Cars and Coffee, JCCS, Westcoast nationals, Grand National Roadster show, Low Rider events etc....

So I know Adam fairly well, as his cars are built and serviced where my cars are built and serviced, and I have raced with him over the last couple of years.

First and foremost he is a Datsun Guy and that is a good thing for all of us.

Adam's personal side is much different from his public one, and knowing the guy who has done as well has he has doing what he does is a good thing. He knows what he is doing and it is what sells. Adam wanted to do the Top GEAR USA, and would have been very good at it. Sometimes things dont go the way you want. Instead he has been picked up by SPEED with a better cast, and the beginnings of a new show. I think we have to remember this is new, and in being new they, (the producers) are trying to sort out the format for the show. Give them some time, I see improvement already, I think we will see footage from Monterey later in the year.

I would cut him a break, give this some time and let them settle into their format, then critique what the show is or is not.

PS Mr. Ganz is on this forum, so I would expect that Adam hears or reads about what you are saying about the show.

I think Adam knows what he's talking about when it comes to racing Datsuns. The Camel GTU series required cars to have under 2.5 Liter engines, so even newer builds (after '73) used the original 2400cc engines bored out (and/or stroked) to 2500cc's. The Brad Frisselle car is still for sale (http://www.autotraderclassics.com/classic-car/1974-Datsun-Other+Datsun+Models-396948.xhtml?conversationId=19324) where it clearly states that the chassis is from a 1970 240z.

As “Datsun Guys”, we need to support Adam and his new show. His love of Datsun’s and their racing history is great for our passion “DATSUNS”. So let us not be overly critical but supportive of his efforts and remember he did not get where he is by luck or accident. I am confident he will find the correct formula to make his new show a success given the time to work out the wrinkles. Watch, laugh, learn and most importantly support his work as he supports our passion. Break a leg Adam! :cool: