IGNORED

exhaust note thread

robftw

If that was taking it easy I'd like to see a video of you with your foot in it!

I don't know if you have done it yet but I found that plugging up the holes on the radiator support helped me keep things cooler on the track. You basically want every bit of air that enters the grill to exit through the radiator rather than taking the path of least resistance and going around the rad. That means plugging the holes on the rad support as well as sealing the lower valance to the bottom of the rad support. This maximizes the air pressure drop through the rad and thus flow through the rad. With this small modificatio, even on a +100F track day in Texas my car runs cool. You also get the added benefit of lower drag coefficient. Lots of information in the wind tunnel section of hybrid Z on this. Sorry if this is old news to you but I thought I would add my $0.02 as I have fought the track overheat thing for a while.

Thanks for the tip Steve. When I put the 3.0 liter engine in I put a huge MSA-AFCO radiator in also so I never ran it with the stock radiator. Never had any issues with heat on the track, guage stayed in center no matter how hard I flogged it. I could only do 1-1/2 laps before it was uncomfortably hot. That video was actually the last lap of the 20 minute session as you can see I get the checkered flag at the end. I'm still figureing out Harry's Laptimer too. For some reason it deleted every other lap after the first session so some of my best laps are gone. Thanks for the tip on Harry's Laptimer too! That is very cool!

• 3 weeks later...

Rob

Velly, velly cool thread.

(Quit spell-correcting it to belly, dang it!)

I'll try to get one up soon. I'm wondering what it will cost me to convince the wife to hang on to rear quarter and lid with her legs to get the video, and especially the sound, right.

Chris