IGNORED

got screwed on a 280Z!

eatingZ

john, do you really think i should try taking the bill of sale to the dmv in PA ahead of all this other digging? and in which states has this been successful for you?
I realize that you addressed your question to John but I've done this a few times myself w/success in California over the years which is also where John lives. I have no idea if and/or how different the Pa. DMV's procedures are from Ca.

"Your posts were deleted due to your advice being to falsify information to the DMV. "

No, what I said was to tell the DMV that he paid $100 for the car and has a bill of sale. I don't know what he paid for the car so I just put $100. Again, that is the truth (as least from what I've read in this thread). He is under no legal or moral obligation to tell the DMV all he's determined in his research and, based on my experience, it is completely against his best interest to divulge all that he's learned.

Hey Guys, I just bought a zero rust 77- 280. It has a e-short no one can figure out. Engine has been rebuilt, new tires, Injectors, voltage reg, altenator, fuel reg,and absolutly no rust anywhere!! and runs perfect but wont stay running. The guy I bought it from put a dead battery in backwards and now it wort stay running? It has a clean michigan title that matches the tag. I will sell for 2500 obo if interested. Just bring your trailer.

Edited by mobileman23

Hey Guys, I just bought a zero rust 77- 280. It has a e-short no one can figure out. Engine has been rebuilt, new tires, Injectors, voltage reg, altenator, fuel reg,and absolutly no rust anywhere!! and runs perfect but wont stay running. The guy I bought it from put a dead battery in backwards and now it wort stay running? It has a clean michigan title that matches the tag. I will sell for 2500 obo if interested. Just bring your trailer.
And you think that it's okay to hijack this thread in order to sell your car? Your first post here on your first day here??

EatingZ,

My advice is to not get too frustrated by this whole thing. Law enforcement won't give a damn with this issue, they have too many things to do. Unfortunately, you're in a bind and should go contact an attorney to figure out how to handle this problem. You can usually get the advice from an attorney at little to no cost at an initial consultation. After that, he might be able to help you find this guy and serve him with documents to get the title. This, of course, will cost you.

If that doesn't work, you can also simply go down to the DMV and ask them what you should do. Ask for their opinion and don't talk to the bitter-burnt-out agent, try to find the one who can help you the most, maybe the local DMV manager, it can go a long way to ask for the leadership when you first get there.

First of all, remember this is your fault for not picking up the title when you gave him the cash. Then move on from there. ;)

Mike

hey all,

i got screwed on the purchase of a 1977 280Z. it's a very nice car, 41,000 orig miles, california car. pretty rust free overall, running well, all kinds of good aspects.

the problem is i never received the title, yes i was a bit too trustworthy, and a bit naive. my fault. at any rate nothing has worked to get this original title for this car, which is in the 2nd owners name, i am the 4th owner. the guy who sold it to me is off the face of the earth now. i do know that the title has a lien on it from that 2nd owner.

i am curious if anyone has any advice on this matter. more directly i am interested in acquiring another cheap 280Z that has a clean title and all intact vin plates..

please help if you know where i can find this cheap Z with the parts i need.