IGNORED

intake exhaust gasket help

grantf

Hmmm. I am thinking this was the massive amount of PB blaster I soaked the studs with burning off. By the time I was finished removing the exhaust manifold it was coated in the stuff. Anyone else have a similar experience?

That happened to me too, and yes, it's a bit scary. I just watched carefully, and after 5 or 10 min, there wasn't any more smoke. It was definitely all the penetrating oil. It gets everywhere, including in the pores of the metal.

Glad it runs better! :)

Hmmm. I am thinking this was the massive amount of PB blaster I soaked the studs with burning off. By the time I was finished removing the exhaust manifold it was coated in the stuff. Anyone else have a similar experience?

This is normal. You have a lot of grease, oil, and other chemicals on the exhaust manifold. The heat will burn it off the first time you run the enigne. Put the car outside and let it run with the hood open for little while. It will stop after about 5 or 10 minutes.

What does it smell like?

Hard to describe. sort of sweet sort of plastic burning. but not coolant. Anyhow the smoke has burned off. The car sounds totally different now, and runs way smoother.

I am thinking valve adjustment next :cool: