IGNORED

My first long trip in the Z, and my first trip to the side of the road.

5thhorsemann

Went for a 280 mile trip in the 240 yesterday to finish a job on the Delmarva peninsula. I was always suspicious that the speedo was inaccurate, now I have my proof. A Maryland state trooper pulled me over and wrote me a warning ticket, for doing 85 in a 55. He asked me if I knew how fast I was going and I replied 68 or 70, as shown on the speedo. He said he paced me for two miles at a steady 85, but since I was doing everything else safely, passing and lane changes, I only got the warning and some complements on the car. He also liked how I made the German style front tag, and informed me that it was perfectly legal, so thats cool. Other than that the car ran great.

So I guess its time for a set of autometer gauges, tach and speedo at least.

Why can't the speedo be recalibrated with one of the other color speedo drives? If you know what color you have, you have all the info (displayed speed and actual speed) to calculate which color to use, or am I missing something...

Charles

85? And you thought you were going 70? What's wrong with all these slow people?! And just a warning? Not bad....

Can't find a picture of the "German-style" plate and don't know what it is? Do you have one? Oregon requires a front plate and my new one, bought because the old one had been crushed so may times, has already been crushed again by the guy at the tire store, driving up the lift.

Patcon, that's exactly the approach I want to take with my own speedometer. It reads a consistent 10% too high.

I'd also love to know what a German style plate looks like. Do you have a pic to delight our eager eyes? :)

Here is the German style plate, I used Orecal reflective vinyl for the background and ploted the text and boarder using black metalic high performance 3M cut vinyl. It will fit under the grill where the temporary lights are mounted now, once the body work is finished. If anyone is intrested PM me and I can give you all the details.post-22854-14150815460923_thumb.jpg

I went with German, because I am, and the size is perfect.