IGNORED

Why does the 260z get a bad rap.

Hunter260Z

There was a short contest (a drag race) between all the Zed models on Top Gear, and it was really surprising when the 260Z was only barely beaten by a 300ZX!

I wouldn't put much stock in that. The only thing that showed is how those 8 (?) vehicles and those drivers did in competition with each other. What about variables like vehicle conditiion, modifications, driving skill, etc.?.

Edited by sblake01

I have a early 260 with the small 240 bumpers a 280 short block with a large valve e31 head with a pair of 70 round tops. It is way more fun to drive then any car should be. Woohooo I have the best of all 3

And a 5 speed with 3.9 rear end. I think it would give the 300zx (both being british models mind you) a run for it's money. A well running 2.6 with round top su's will do 0-60 in 7.5 seconds and do the quarter in the 15s.

Well despite all the variables of driver/car condition, I didn't see if it was mentioned if the 300zx was a z31 or z32 and if it was the twin turbo or not, which would make a huge I would think..

All the factors contribute to the legacy of the 260, especially to the general public because of the short production time. Every car lacks in some area or another and that's why there are so many different types of cars because everyone has different uses and different tastes.

I see all the original Z's as beautiful and they all have their own personalities, as for the 260, all it's owners will just have to work double-time to turn around the bad rep ;)

I've had 2 240Z's, one stock and one with the 280 engine. I'll take my current 260Z as it is over both for many different reasons. Being a 1/74 car, it shares everything with the 240Z except maybe the dash, the steering wheel and some foolish add-ons in the engine compartment. With the skinny bumpers, lowered stance and wheels, I'll bet most couldn't tell it was a 260Z unless they checked the tail lights.

I LIKE MY 260Z.

Chris

post-15533-14150815464968_thumb.jpg