IGNORED

Blower fan shuts down after a few minutes

Pilgrim

• 7 years later...

In case it helps someone else - the solution was STUPIDLY simple.

I noticed that the two-wire connector going to the blower was awfully easy to pull off.  I started wondering if it was simply working loose.  The solution was to link two cable ties together so they would reach around the entire blower motor housing, and cinch them down gently holding the power connector firmly on the contacts.

Bingo! Voila'! Success! The sun broke through the clouds, and there was a release of doves.

Problem solved, blower fan has worked flawlessly ever since.

On 8/26/2019 at 3:27 PM, S30Driver said:

I'm hoping you were not working on this for 7 years and just now fixed the problem with the blower ....

You should be able to re-work that connector by de-pinning it and achieve a tight connection and eliminate the cable ties. 

The car was down for four years of that time with head work and other issues, and then I fussed with it for another 2 years because I couldn't make it run smoothly afterwards. Included in this was fighting with the blower problem on and off. It kept me from driving it as much as I wanted to. No one had a solution that worked until I found the problem myself, and that took a lot of fiddling.  I could probably spiff up the contacts in that connection, but for now the cable ties are working nicely.

I retired in June and have had more time to drive it since then. 

Edited by Pilgrim