IGNORED

How do you like the front of your Z?

Gav240z

what's your favorite look for the Z?  

261 members have voted

1. 1. what's your favorite look for the Z?

• Original Front Unmodified.
    • Front Spoiler of Some Form.
    • Gnose.

Bizza, this spoiler is AUS manufacture, mine was purchased some 7 years ago in Sydney at Z/16 Kings Langley. This year I added a lower aerofoil section to the underside lower edge with cut outs for the wheels to move through from lock to lock. When I had this mod I had standard panels fitted, you just do not realise how effective the full spoiler is until its taken away.

I believe that a fiberglass workshop in the Archerfield area of Brisbane actualy produces this spoiler on request. A friend who's 74/ 260z I posted for sale in the for sale area on this site actually contacted the manufacturer for himself, his contact detail is on the post maybe that will help you. I believe thier price was under $300.00 AUS in Gel Coat at the point of sale.

Good luck finding a spoiler:classic:

Steve

"tttz"Here is the components that make up a G Nose, I got this picture from a Garage in Japan this Morning. you have the two headlight buckets the lower spoiler/air intake the top front panel and the larger front bar. I will attach a picture of a z with it installed next

Steve:classic:

post-3005-14150792341941_thumb.jpg

I love the G-nose, but had to vote with the catch-all: "some sort of spoiler". I really dislike the look of about 99% of the Z's I see with the BRE spook or other simple spoiler. I personally like the open front/big air dam/maybe urethane 'street sweeper' on the lower lip/wrapped around into boxed-out fenders or at least serious flares. All this with or without early bumpers--usually without.

steve77

Unmodified cars will get quite a bit of lift from the stock valence panel at even highway speeds. Air dams and the "spook" spoilers are designed to keep the air from getting under the front of the car and causing it to wander at higher speeds. They not only look good, but they do provide some much needed aerodynamic help as well. They were designed during the times that the Z's were raced heavily in the early 70's.