Lash pad sourcing - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Lash pad sourcing

Featured Replies

Has anybody found a source for .160in lash pads? Seems that they are rare as hens teeth. I am at the point of having the stock pad valve stem indent welded up and ground to spec.:disappoin

You'd do better to buy a .170 and sand it down. Use 320 emery paper on a glass or marble base to keep it perfectly flat. It takes a while to take off .010. Guy

  • Author

That is a better idea for sure. I may try to sand one of the stock pads, just to calculate how old I will be when done.He,he... At least I could get my engine put back together. Thanks Diseazd

I've done it.......started in February......just finished ( one ). Call Courtesy Nissan .....they surely should be able to source some. If not, take some .170 or .180's to your machine shop......they shouldn't charge too much. Guy

Edited by Diseazd

  • Author

I will give them a call. MSA and Rebello saying have been back ordered from Japan for around 8 months.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Thanks Blue. Looks like the best route, buy big and cut down.

  • 4 months later...

Shadbolt in Vancouver ground my cam and had no problem supplying.180 lash pads, fyi

  • Author

You can buy .180s all day long, as I did and had them milled down to the .160 that I needed. All said and done, they ended up costing aprox. 17.00 each.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.