IGNORED

New engine

Diseazd

Brandon -

He rolled right over my post........it didn't even phase him! He may be a little overfocused on this rebuild - but, if he drove a triple Mikuni it would bring him right into the drivers seat in a hurry - he wouldn't know what to do with all that torque and power from a little straight line 6 - SU's are fine but nothing like triple Mikuni's!! You guys need to get out of that Richmond heat and drive down the Blue Ridge Parkway (or should I say up / elevation 3500 ft) and come and drive my Z - I promise you it will put a smile on your pops face!!

There is no better feeling than to pull a mountain with twisty's with my L28!

Open invitation Guy - what do you have to loose other than the heat of Richmond!!

OZ......You know I'm building this motor because of our conversation last year! The P79 head shaved and shimmed gives a ratio of 9.2 to 1 while the E31 gives you 9.7 to 1. I have both heads available, but decided on the P79 for the better burn and flow. Do you agree? This engine ought to be a sweet driver.......we'll see. Guy

Ooooops, yes I do remember now that you mention it....I'm gettin old mate :stupid:

Yes it's a lovely engine concept, I completely endorse it :cool:

The P79 has a nicer more modern chamber shape and what you've done to it, it'll sing. A 2.4 L capacity with a 280 head et al equals awesome!

Maxima N47 head will work nicely too.

True, you wouldn't need to shave the N47 but it has 42mm inlet valves. The exhausts are the same size and the ports both have liners.

A suitable alternative with minimal work. I don't have a P79 at home but I do have an N47........thanks mate for reminding us of a suitable option ;)

Dang I would swap you for the N47. I have a P79 here as well as N47 E31's and some N42's.... but we are nearly on opposite sides of the planet :(

Latitude: 44° 38', North.

Longitude: 63° 35', West

I am looking forward to hearing how your build goes. A guy going by Zolorin on Zcar.com did a similar awhile ago but I never followed closely.

Sounds like a cool build and +1 for the l24 revers! I am curious that you didn't go bigger on the cam-if your really into revving. After reading many posts from folks like Jon Morteson and reading about racer brown cams it seems these engines really want the duration and lift from a bigger cam-and they still drive civil.

As far as the SU/Mikuni debate, I am starting to agree that these engines-when modified-need the Mikunis to wake them up. i will soon be taking my L24 to the dyno again to see what i can get out of my SU's with my best tune, then the Mikunis(40's) go on and the comparision will begin. I want to see the numbers and don't want to rely on the butt dyno.

keep us up to date!!!

Thanks Steve........I've got the Stage III cam in my L28's........I was trying to move this down a little in the power band. The Stage II is .480 lift while the Stage III is .490 lift and 10 degrees more duration than the II. With a 9.2 to 1 C/R I figured the shorter duration would work better........maybe, maybe not. We'll see how this combo works......I'm really excited about this motor. Guy

Guy-

I'll tell you a hot combo - pull the SU's from your L28 with the Stage III cam - give that new L24 the SU's from the L28 and put Mikuni 44's on the L28 with the Stage III cam...........hot mama!! That would be one torque'n SOB! Totally bitch'n show and go!!

Mitchell......You guys are really putting the heat on.....You,Brandon and now Brian(PJOE)......where is Bruce Palmer when I need him? Seriously these cars really pull strong to redline with the SU"s.......but who know's.....maybe someday. guy