IGNORED

Trying to source new brake caliper pistons for the early Z

conedodger

Just looking for pistons. Not the whole caliper. I realize rebuilt calipers are available, I want mine 'restored' to original. Big difference. But I do need pistons.

Understand, but at $40 - $50 for the new or rebuilt you can part them out, cannibalize the pistons from the new ones, cheaper than you can "have them manufactured". jlp

Just looking for pistons. Not the whole caliper. I realize rebuilt calipers are available, I want mine 'restored' to original. Big difference. But I do need pistons.

On second thought if you want to keep the externals for some reason, "restored to original", my last post works. That being said I am not sure I fully understand the "restored to original" concept on the calipers. Unless you are the original owner and know differently it is as likely as not that your calipers are not the original ones. It has been common practice for years to in lieu of rebuilding exchanging for rebuilt calipers. JLP

• 3 weeks later...