IGNORED

Our 240z restoration compilation video.

whamo

<iframe title="Stupeflix Video Player" class="SxPlayer" src="http://studio.stupeflix.com/embed/psY1dYUFdQ/" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Edited by Arne

I can't believe you didn't include my favorite pic of her Z, Steve. Did I ever send you a hi-res copy?

attachment.php?attachmentid=45342&d=1305687611

I can't believe I didn't add that one in. I threw the video together while playing with the stupeflix editing service. I believe I have the hi resolution photo on my home computer.

The 6mb version (about 3000x2000) is not as tight. I cropped a lot of sky and barrier to get to the version you see above. The cropped version is a bit more than 1800x1200, IIRC.

Background - the reason the shot wasn't framed better was that the conditions were less than ideal. It was taken by my wife during a parade lap of Portland International Raceway, from the passenger seat of my 240Z. At the time Deanna was holding down the shutter I was following Toni (whamo's wife, in red) and Gary (Beandip, in yellow) into the chicane, and I was throwing the car hard into the first right-hander. Deanna was probably lucky to get the cars in the frame at all - the combination of original slick vinyl seats, original 3-point belts, sudden lateral acceleration and both hands occupied holding the camera makes good composition difficult.

Here's some others from that lap.

attachment.php?attachmentid=45355&d=1305732409

attachment.php?attachmentid=45353&d=1305732407

attachment.php?attachmentid=45354&d=1305732408

post-8596-14150814918896_thumb.jpg

post-8596-14150814919087_thumb.jpg

post-8596-14150814919276_thumb.jpg

Great video, Steve. What was the time frame from beginning to end of your restoration?

Including the time the shell sat at the paint shop(3 months) it took about 6 months. I work an unusual schedule that allows me to have 3-4 weeks off at a time during the summer. Those days "off" were spent from dawn until dusk woking on the car, my wife worked right along side me. It is her car afterall :)