IGNORED

Fudge!!! @#$!!!!! someone rear ended my car

grantf

Traveling South on I-5 traffic came to a halt suddenly were the express lanes merge onto I-5 just s of downtown I hit the brakes and stop in time, Large ram truck skids out of control to my left and passes me (there is only one lane with guards on either side) Next behind the Ram truckasorus is a Chevy Blazer, it rides up on to the right guard then slams into me FU@$!!!!

post-17660-14150814645781_thumb.jpg

post-17660-14150814646467_thumb.jpg

Edited by grantf

I feel for you. It happened to me, very similar, about two years ago. I definitely lost sleep. In the end, it all turned out great. If you have classic insurance, and good coverage, pick a good restoration shop to fix it. Don't settle for a "turn the crank" body shop. I installed a third brake light in both my Z cars right after I got rear ended.

I am fine, My girlfriend was in the passenger seat. She has a strained back but should be fine in a few days. No Classic car insurance. I'll need to wait and see how bad the responsible drivers insurance is going to screw me. So far the hardest thing is the right tail light is shattered $$$ and the rear finisher cracked. Yes I just got finished with restoring the body, This sucks.

Glad everybody is OK - could have been a lot worse. I would have that neck looked at and recorded with an doctors visit - need to get that stuff documented. My buddy was sitting at an intersection - got AZZ ended and then pushed into incoming traffic and get front ended - 1966 Cobra - he was OK but still having neck challanges - car was totaled. He hand built the kit and all engine and trans.

People need to pay more attention to their driving!!

Glad everyone is OK. As for the Finisher, if there aren't any chunks missing, you can try JB Weld to repair. I know that BD has the rear bumpers for $195 new. I have several of the tail light assy, PM me if you need one.

Thanks zcurves, I have already ordered one from e-bay $40.00 bucks not to bad really. I may order the bumper bar from black dragon also. the tail light assembly from 78 came with a Finisher but it looks different. My Car it turns out is a 77 not a 78. I may be able to modify the replacement to match.

The "other guys insurance said it is a pretty cut and dry situation and will be sending an adjuster out to look at my car soon. I plan on taking the car to a trusted body shop for a second opinion. But in the mean time I will be looking for parts on my own. Not sure about the body repair though, it looks more like a cut and weld than a body hammer job, and I will not settle for a clown filling it with bondo.

Edited by grantf