IGNORED

Signs of a bad harness?

tymarbry

Actually when I mull this over in my head it doesnt seem to make sense.

Although the headlight was dim in both high/low, the harness plug end gave off 13V as it should so I dont get it. Am I just really that dumb for not getting it or am I missing something?

Then check the splice where it joins up with the other headlight ground. Maybe you have resistance on your ground path. Did you check resistance on the ground wire from the plug?

The fusebox is visible from driver's seat looking over at the passenger side kick panel. In front of the door.

Check Post #2 here - http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=41621

LOL im not that dumb but, I dont know much granted on electrics.

I looked into testing the fuses and all were grand. Light Probe Tested them both, and didnt notice any melting.

Should I be looking for the connection of the Headlight Ground (RED) to the fusebox or somewhere in the harness in the engine compartment?

The Ohm function on my ohmeter is broken also. so all i can test for is voltage really.

Im a visual person so if anyones got pictures then Ill get the info stored faster.

but thanks for trying to get me to understand.

Ok so Im not sure what happened or whats going on but.

My headlights are working fine now.

Both are at the correct output and work fine.

It may be because while I was replacing some fuel hose and giving the engine compartment an inspection, that I unplugged and replugged the headlight plugs like 4 or 5 times to hopefully shake free any dust/debris that were inside them. That may have been causing the crappy ground all along. Im not sure, I just hope this doesnt become a natural occurrence.

Thanks again for the help and information it was very helpful and insightful.

Edited by tymarbry