IGNORED

Fuel tank service questions

StinkyCheese

You should be able to get a gasket from MSA, Black dragon, Z man of Washington, Arizona Zcar, Courtesy Nissan of Texas.

I think the service your radiator repairman is referring to is Gastankrenu.com or gastank.com. I've read good reviews about both but have not used either.

I used regular hose clamps on all the hoses except the filler tube. I just cleaned up the filler tube clamp and reused it.

Good luck

Dave Ruiz

• 1 month later...

So, I put the tank back in and all new hoses and it leaked, that was a bummer. But I figured it would, with a 40 year old gasket.

I was disappointed with the renu job on my gas tank. When I talked to the guy over the phone, he said that they would disassemble the gas tank by cutting all the way around the seam. Then sand-blast it out, then bake on a coating, inside and out. When I got it back I had the buyer's remorse. They didn't take it apart at the seams, they just cut some convenient holes in it. Which means they probably didn't get all of the surfaces sand-blasted. And they applied the coating pretty sloppily. I had to remove some burrs on the outlet pipes. And the area around the fuel-level-sending-unit wasn't very smooth, either, which may be contributing to the leak. For $345 I thought it would look more professional. :ermm:

Pics attached.

post-22497-14150814681829_thumb.jpg

post-22497-14150814682502_thumb.jpg

post-22497-14150814683138_thumb.jpg

post-22497-1415081468371_thumb.jpg